• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

XBOX 360/PS3 TV

HalfLing    0

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...368160?v=glance

Looking at this for my xbox 360 and ps3 useage? Any thoughts? Will the HDTV Cables hook driectly into this or am I gonna need some crazy box?

Also, it does not have a tv tuner, but I plan to use a HDTV one from comcast so I don't need it right?

Jake-

bangbang023    31

The TV is crap. Poor coloring and severe ghosting on even moderately paced action. We sell it at work and I loathe the set. It's a pain in the ass to sell something like a high quality Samsung or Sony when you have a TV priced $800 less next to it. People forget to look at the image quality once they see the price.

golazo    0
The TV is crap. Poor coloring and severe ghosting on even moderately paced action. We sell it at work and I loathe the set. It's a pain in the ass to sell something like a high quality Samsung or Sony when you have a TV priced $800 less next to it. People forget to look at the image quality once they see the price.

that doesn't answer the question

if it says it has hdtv input then you can put the cables straight in

Edited by SeMz...

TheDreamX    0

37 inches? Come on, if you're getting an HDTV, get it atleast 42" large.

bangbang023    31
that doesn't answer the question

if it says it has hdtv output then you can put the cables straight in

586575682[/snapback]

he said "any thoughts"? That's about the TV so I gave my thoughts. I answered one question. He wants it for video games. A set, like this, with poor response time is not going to be good for him.

golazo    0
  "any thoughts"?

ahhh ok, sorry i didn't see that.

37 inches? Come on, if you're getting an HDTV, get it atleast 42" large.

well that's quite an increase in cash that would need to be spent. maybe he doesn't have the money for the extra inches?.

bangbang023    31
ahhh ok, sorry i didn't see that.

well that's quite an increase in cash that would need to be spent. maybe he doesn't have the money for the extra inches?.

586575711[/snapback]

Also, anything larger may be too big for his room. If I were to get an HD set now, I'd go for a 26" and no larger since I am so close to my TV. This fascination with larger sets isn't suitable for everyone.

icecaveman    0

I would rather get a 32" HDTV than some crappy large one, size does not matter when it comes to displays, quality does and greater the quality the closer you can sit to the screen.

HalfLing    0

I would LOVE some recommendations...other than 1080p I would like something 30-40 inches (I am within 8ft of my set). I could even except not flat if it saved me some dough...

Thanks!

Jake-

bangbang023    31
I would LOVE some recommendations...other than 1080p I would like something 30-40 inches (I am within 8ft of my set).  I could even except not flat if it saved me some dough...

Thanks!

Jake-

586575932[/snapback]

Sony makes some nice HDTV Tube sets, but none do 1080p. Honestly, looking for 1080p now is a waste. The set will have to upconvert all signals to 1080p since nothing is broadcast or recorded in such high quality, yet.

HalfLing    0

I hear ya, but PS3 is soon to be released (within a year) and XBOX is coming out in november. I would rather be 1080p so I can support ps3, but I need to know what to save for. I would like to purchase the TV around the same time as my 360...

Jake-

bangbang023    31

I have seen the Bravia's in person and they are gorgeous looking. The price is phenomenal, though.

bangbang023    31

I see our discussion helped :). You'll be happy with it.

vjsz    0

I got an HDTV from Philips, 32" LCD, my apartment is small so the size is perfect for me, and I have a nice DLp at my parent home if want to go Big Screen.

I have test HDTV source with the Oppo digital DVD player and its beautiful quality, I hook the Tv to my Media center PC Using HDMI - DVI Cable no quality issues there.

I guess it will work perfectly with XBOX360 and PS3. Fgor what i read, MS is requesting 720P as standard, and the TV supports 1080i. So I guess I will be Just Right