Razer Copperhead or Logitech G5?

• 11 months later...

Performance wise get a Logitech G5. Even though it is too smooth and shiny looking, it has great performance. Plus the weights do help. Razer Copperhead didn't really get a good review compared to G5 according to MaximumPC. Also I have used this personally and I think it's great. G5 all the way.

im sorry, link?

performance wise the Copperhead outperforms the G5 in pretty much every way. I agree with the guy earlier in this board, in that if you take gaming seriously then you will want to lose as much weight as possible. The Copperhead is a far lighter mouse and can (if desired) have weights added with the "Razer Copperhead Protools" kit. Finally, have you ever used a Copperhead, if not, you cannot possibly compare the two. I abhor the previous posts in which people have chosen a mouse solely on aesthetics.

Also, in response to the "comfort" issue, the Copperhead is a finger style mouse. If you like to rest your palm on your mousemat and use wrist and finger flicks to control the mouse, the Copperhead is superior. However, if you plan to rest your entire palm on the mouse (definitely not the best way to hold a mouse when gaming) then the G5 is a better bet.

im sorry, link?

performance wise the Copperhead outperforms the G5 in pretty much every way. I agree with the guy earlier in this board, in that if you take gaming seriously then you will want to lose as much weight as possible. The Copperhead is a far lighter mouse and can (if desired) have weights added with the "Razer Copperhead Protools" kit. Finally, have you ever used a Copperhead, if not, you cannot possibly compare the two. I abhor the previous posts in which people have chosen a mouse solely on aesthetics.

Also, in response to the "comfort" issue, the Copperhead is a finger style mouse. If you like to rest your palm on your mousemat and use wrist and finger flicks to control the mouse, the Copperhead is superior. However, if you plan to rest your entire palm on the mouse (definitely not the best way to hold a mouse when gaming) then the G5 is a better bet.

You have a good point, but if you are not comfortable holding your mouse then you will also have a hard time gaming. I think that its really personal choice, both mice are equally good in their own respects.

im sorry, link?

lol that's exactly what I wrote in my reviews back in March or April or whenever I wrote them :p

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to say what one to pick, however I will say I have a Razer Copperhead. it's a great mouse but one thing gets on my nerves as some others have said and that is the side buttions are in the most stupid place on the right hand side its really unnatural to press them in game : /

My two cents.

Well

G5 Is A Good Mouse Not Many DisAds u can Mention,Razer Is Quite Good in performanc But they have a problem with the mouse buttons.Its 2 very delicate :(

well ,i wud prefer Microsoft Intelli 3.0 Since I Am a Gamer Its 2 Comfy and my Qck Steelpad adds 2 it :D

i have a G5 but i won it in a contest. if i had my choice i would rather have the Razer because of the right side button and i prefer the symmetrical shape over the thumb crease on the side of the G5. i don't even use the weights.. in fact i don't even know where they are now. when i first got it i tried putting weights in it and thought it was silly to make the mouse heavier. the ability to set the sensitivity with the little +- buttons also proved to be worthless for me. i play games but i've never been in a game that i was able to select one of the three sensitivities and it be exactly what i wanted. in fact, this mouse doesn't work very well with my kvm either because when i switch between systems, one of them (this one..) always has to be set back down to the lowest setting even though the driver settings and sensitivities are identical to all of the other machines. oh well.. it was free who am i to bitch :p

• 4 weeks later...

After having the Razer Copperhead for a very long time now, I still stand by my initial statement that it's great. People who keep saying stuff about performance, you guys do know that both the G5 and the Copperhead have the same laser in them? There's no difference. The only difference are drivers and the shape.

I prefer to hold my mouse with my fingers, so thus a Copperhead is a better choice. If you prefer to hold a mouse with your whole hand a G5 would be the better choice.

And the right side buttons are not meant to be used, they're meant for people who use their left hand to play, so they can get the same benefits as the right handed ones. Something Logitech doesn't ever do (not on their top products anyway).

Something I really like about the Copperhead is that I can program the 5 profiles on it and go play on any PC already set up for everything.

I've always been a big fan of Logitech's mice, but I've never cared enough about gaming (I like it, but not enough to get a "gaming" mouse) to really compare them to the Razer mice. I have an MX Revolution and it works wonders for me.

So, my vote is for the G5.

Well, I have a G5 and while I can say it works pretty good for me, I have a major gripe with this mouse, and it's the middle-click button. When I middle-click on a link in order for it to go to another tab, almost always the page slides and I end up not clicking where I wanted to because the wheel is SO FREAKING SENSITIVE!

Other than that though, I think it's great.

• 6 months later...

Hey, guyes... so I decided to buy a nice gaming mice and I thought "Cool I'll get Logitech G3" but then I saw G5 and the difference was the design. then ofcourse I said "I'll buy G5" but finally I saw your post and I'm really happy and I think you can answer me. :) I didn't new that Razer's mices are that good. And now I'm in the dilema Dimonback or G5. Pls someone give me (if it's possible) pross and cons of the two mices . I'm really confused cause it's 50% 50% , and I'm person with a really big hand, I play a lot of hours but I want really nice performing and if Razer is better in performing and I'm with huge hand... will it be a loss If I take the G5 is the performance difference that big ?:/ . I'm confused... :(

I ordered myself an MX518 the other day. Comes highly recommended from a hardcore gamer friend, and from this review by ES Reality. Logitech's seem like a good bet in comparison to the Razer mice, they outperform them in the review. Plus they look like they are going to be more comfy if your a righty like me.

I ordered myself an MX518 the other day. Comes highly recommended from a hardcore gamer friend, and from this review by ES Reality. Logitech's seem like a good bet in comparison to the Razer mice, they outperform them in the review. Plus they look like they are going to be more comfy if your a righty like me.

Send this link back to your friend. The Copperhead was a great mouse IMO, as was the G5. Time for a change though. :)

Send this link back to your friend. The Copperhead was a great mouse IMO, as was the G5. Time for a change though. :)

I see they updated the review! My MX518 just arrived today actually, its pretty awesome. :) The Logitech's still have a nicer price point over Razers. :p

I see they updated the review! My MX518 just arrived today actually, its pretty awesome. :) The Logitech's still have a nicer price point over Razers. :p

The only mouse that I could found that had no compromise between gaming and general work as it has buttons that can be customised to opening applications etc just like the MX Revolution. Also, it's much cheaper than its counterparts and even though its one generation behind it beats the current generation of mice hands down - I've done my research so you can count on this lets say mini review :laugh: Its the Logitech wired MX518 mouse. Actually looks cool compared to the hideously ugly Logitech G5V2 that looks like its covered in Smurf's mutated ######. Also I wasn't going to spend between mid 40's and 50's for a mouse - that's too much for a mouse.

I was looking into those two exact about last year, and I ended up going with the copperhead for two reasons.... the blue glow being one (goes with the Logitech G15, and my pc ;D. The 2nd being 4 side buttons. Wasn't feeling the Logitechs 1 side button =/

I was looking into those two exact about last year, and I ended up going with the copperhead for two reasons.... the blue glow being one (goes with the Logitech G15, and my pc ;D. The 2nd being 4 side buttons. Wasn't feeling the Logitechs 1 side button =/

Didn't you look into this more? The Logitech G5 V2 (2007 version) is out, with 2 thumb buttons, now has a forward button aswell as a back button. I'm buying it along with a Saitek Eclipse keyboard and a Samsung 206BW 20" monitor this Thursday :)

Hmm. I find the right hand side buttons impossible to use, being a right handed user.

But the main difference between the Copperhead and the G5 is that the Copperhead is ambidextrous.

It's for people who control the mouse with their fingers (not their palm), and is a good flick shooter.

I had an mx518 for alittle under a year, and i broke the left mouse click playing fps games. A friend got a copperhead for free from razer by mistake (he had a defective diamondback and they sent him a copperhead by accident, then sent him another diamondback and told him to keep the copperhead.) He gave me his copperhead and I have been using it since and i LOVE it! it is really a great mouse. Although I haven't gotten my hands on the G5 yet so I can't really comment :) But I'm tired and this is my rant that the copperhead is a great mouse.

(maybe bias because mine was free? :) and my logitech broke )