Razer Copperhead or Logitech G5?

It should be noted that with my Copperhead, there's wire fracture. If I bend the wire back at the front of the mouse, it'll turn off. If you can keep your cables neat and tidy, so it comes out of the mouse without bending then you shouldn't have a problem. It's not a problem for me any more. I could probably also fix it with some DIY.

• 1 month later...
Didn't you look into this more? The Logitech G5 V2 (2007 version) is out, with 2 thumb buttons, now has a forward button aswell as a back button. I'm buying it along with a Saitek Eclipse keyboard and a Samsung 206BW 20" monitor this Thursday :)

Well it was last year I was looking into it so that new version wasn't out yet. Good news is the mouse has been serving me well, no issues yet, so haven't really been looking into getting a new mouse.

In regards to the other poster commenting on the right side buttons being awkward, yeah your right. They rarely get used. By default they have those as the sensitivity, and I only use those when I switch to a sniper weapon, other than that, barely used.

I've never bought a Razor product but I've seen and tried them and they feel cheap to me. On the other hand, I got a G5 last year and it is hands down the best mouse I have ever owned by a long shot. Precise, good build quality, comfortable, dpi switching on the fly(use alot in fps games) adjustable weight, braided cable...just can't be beat imo.

But in the end, I think it comes down to personal preference. I've heard people gripe about the G5 scroll wheel and size. So get whatever is comfortable. Try a few out and get what you like! Don't forget to read a few reviews though.

I'm probably the only few who prefer the Razer over the Logitech. It's the best of fast pace gaming.

When I use to play CS Source, it was only the Razer that made me a better player. People actually started accusing me of cheating from all the headshots I got. They're incredibly smooth, accurate & light. Which I love for the fast pace of the game. I've tried the Logitech MX518, it was too heavy & bulky for my requirements. It just wasn't the same. It takes awhile to get use to it, but once you do you'll love it.

• 2 months later...

i still have my old logitech mx700.. never really had a problem with it appart from charging in the stand stopped working after a year or so (even melted the around the connection points abit), this is why i bought a corded mouse, the razer copperhead tempest. At first the 2000dpi was a little too much sensitivity but changing it to 1600dpi and reconfiguring XP mouse settings sorted that. Now its feels great does a real good job. Im a heavy FPS gamer so having a good mouse is essential and the razer doesnt let me down. I can honestly say its quick, precise and comfortable and has slightly improved my gameplay (i was a good player before :p) so i personally recommend the razer. some people say its large or isnt very comfortable, rubbish maybe they are aliens or something, my hand cups it perfectly like a firm boob hehe. Im not going to slate logitech because i also like their products. Its a matter of personal preference, both razer and logitech are top notch mice.

Game on :cool: