New $10 Dollar Bill

I like the green bills, possibly just because I'm used to them. Green is the color of the financial world anyway, so why not have all money be green? ;)

Besides, I don't like Monopoly money :p I have yet to see a currency (multi-colored or not) that really appeals to me.

Yeah, every time I go to the states, having the currency all the same colour and having bills all the way down to $1 always screws me.

I do like $1 bills though, makes it seem like I have more money :D.

Yeah, every time I go to the states, having the currency all the same colour and having bills all the way down to $1 always screws me.

I do like $1 bills though, makes it seem like I have more money :D.

586594928[/snapback]

yes i agree, even i am american, my mom works in retail and people will hand her 20's thinking they are 10's, then they really look at them and are like Oh!, people that come into my moms store have this happen to all the time.

they should be a bit more colorful

A guy on CNN made an interesting comment. What's the big deal with this new money? To stop counterfeiting? As long as the old 10-dollar bills are still accepted as currency, they can just continue to counterfeit those.

I like the look. I mean, they print the denominations in pretty large font. It's pretty hard to miss. It is rather foolish to give someone money without checking to see if you've given enough or too much. I mean, printing in different colors may save you half a second of time, but it would also cost a lot more to print.

i find it funny how out of all the money we have circulating.. the 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100..

the $10 bill is the one i never get or use.. i see more $50 and $100 than i do 10's.. everytime i use a $20 for a $8 item, i always get two 5's instead of a 10 *shrugs* so i don't care about the new $10 bill because i'll never see it or use it.

A guy on CNN made an interesting comment. What's the big deal with this new money? To stop counterfeiting? As long as the old 10-dollar bills are still accepted as currency, they can just continue to counterfeit those.

586595220[/snapback]

the point is to collect all of the old $10 bills.. sooner or later people who make cash deposits will deposit $10 bills and the bank will take the old ones and exchange them for new ones.. it goes faster when businesses do their bank transactions...

like the last time they had the new $100 bill out.. the old ones were gone so fast.

the point is to collect all of the old $10 bills.. sooner or later people who make cash deposits will deposit $10 bills and the bank will take the old ones and exchange them for new ones.. it goes faster when businesses do their bank transactions...

like the last time they had the new $100 bill out.. the old ones were gone so fast.

586595248[/snapback]

The point is that the old $10 bill will still be acccepted; they will never get the old bill completely out of circulation.

The point is that the old $10 bill will still be acccepted; they will never get the old bill completely out of circulation.

586595266[/snapback]

still, do you see any old $100 bills? or $50 or $20? no you don't. yes its accepted, but the point remains it will be out of circulation soon.. one way or another those bills will go through the bank, at which point they will be replaced.

don't you think it'd be a bit suspicious if someone handed you 5 crisp OLD $10 bills? months, or even a years after the new bill has been in circulation.

still, do you see any old $100 bills? or $50 or $20? no you don't. yes its accepted, but the point remains it will be out of circulation soon.. one way or another those bills will go through the bank, at which point they will be replaced.

don't you think it'd be a bit suspicious if someone handed you 5 crisp OLD $10 bills? months, or even a years after the new bill has been in circulation.

586595928[/snapback]

Not really...I wouldnt even notice. The designs are pretty damn similar, and I dont pay attention to em anyways.

Wow, the money looks as boring and stale as before. Good work US MINT!

Look at other countries money, then compare it to that old' arse design, The US is wayyyyy behind in style it seems as well :|

586591158[/snapback]

indeed

have u seen aus money it owns as well ade of plastic and has many counter-counterfieting qulities unlyk the america monies

The Canadian money is probably the best looking of all, followed by the Euro. Australia has some quite colourful notes but I really don't like the designs much. The UK has boring notes and the US is really trailing everyone else.

It all spends the same, so why bother with appearances?

586591693[/snapback]

I like colored bills because it becomes much easier to distinguish different denominations. On the other hand, I think U.S. bills look classier than the others because of monotone.

Everyone says their country's money is the best, but they're completely neglecting the truth that South Korean bills are the best. :p Costa Rican one is very impressive by the way..

Wow its been a while since i seen Canadian bills, looking pretty nice, and the other ones posted are damn nice as well...

But the US $10 and the rest are just bleh... the 10 does look dirty or something :( Lets hope in another ten years they finally get with the program.

Eh, that new bill doesn't look so good. I like Canadian money better.

Too bad there's no size difference, as my grandpa's blind, and he has hard times figuring out what amount it is, but then again, there's those dots, but he doesn't know that too well. =\

some how i knew someone would fit in an insult to americans. I'm sure a country as boring as the USA couldn't possibly have any fun and invent things like computers, the internet, the film industry, several new musical genres, breaking dancing, skateboarding, rollarblading, probably skydiving, well hell... probably every "extreme" sport. Not to mention us boring americans invented completely lame things like flight and space travel, right? Really think before you put your fingers to the keyboard and insult anothers country/culture.

Still quite boring, if I may say so. Somehow the currency represents the people of the country. For the US, boring and business-like.

The current Euro notes are okay, but I still likes the old Guilders. Probably they were the most colourfull notes in the world. Many tourist wouldn't even believe it was real money...

25NLG.JPG

586591762[/snapback]

The Canadian money is probably the best looking of all, followed by the Euro. Australia has some quite colourful notes but I really don't like the designs much. The UK has boring notes and the US is really trailing everyone else.

586596872[/snapback]

Of course, Canadian money would be the best looking among the ones you've seen so far + in your opinion.

@seta-san: I don't see anyone directly insulting America as a country because of the money. Afterall, those who always criticize U.S. without valid reason are suffering from their own country's inferiority complex. :whistle:

i love our money its so awesome, especially fresh from the bank..

586596832[/snapback]

awesome? you spend it thats it. Am i missing something? does it do tricks, wipe up spills, better for paper airplanes, etc?