Download speeds?

I want to know what download speeds ishould be gettin with 512kbps internet with blueyonder, at the moment i get around 40 kbps on average whereas my cousin (on same connection with same company) gets around 80 kbps, anyone possibly know why this happens

Edt : He has the same speed, same modem and same p2p app

Edited by Qasim

Over here in Australia (shouldn't be different to over there), 512kbps has a max download speed of approx 57kb/s. You cannot get 80kb/s with it. You may be getting slower speeds due to line quality issues. I would take this up with the provider of your phone line.

I want to know what download speeds ishould be gettin with 512kbps internet with blueyonder, atthe moment i getaroun 40 kbps on average whereas my cousin (on same connection with same company) gets arouns 80 kbps, anyone possibly know why this happens

586594696[/snapback]

if you are only getting 40kbps then contact blueyonder tech support.

there might be lots of noise on the cable. also i think your cousin is telling you BS about the 80kbps if he realy is on the 512 speed like you.

i have a similar problem i have a 1mb connection from NTL and i only ever get about 30 kbs, is this right or is it because i have a wireless router or i it the line and should i contact NTl?

i have a similar problem i have a 1mb connection from NTL and i only ever get about 30 kbs, is this right or is it because i have a wireless router or i it the line and should i contact NTl?

586595063[/snapback]

contact NTL....im on a 2meg line which isn't by NTL, but ur download connection isn't right and have a wirless network and i still get full downloaded speed on ma laptop which is connected by wifi

Yes you should get more then that

Theses speeds are saying you have a perfect connection and pretty much live on top of the isp :p

512 - max speed 64kbps - would say most will get 58Kbps

1024 - max speed 125kbps - would say most will get 117kbps