Project Gotham Racing 3 GAMEPLAY Video!

Man I so wish I had money for the 360 right now. I remember when PGR2 came out my brother and I would play each other on Live all the time. That was awesome. I want PGR3 so bad. I hope they do something like the showroom again. While sure it didn't serve a real point, it was still cool getting to kind of walk into a room full of cars you'll never be able to actually afford.

As far as fanboys go, I think the main reason that most people become a fanboy is that they don't have the money to afford all the consoles and hit games. Now of course I do "prefer" the Xbox over the PS2 or Gamecube, however I still respect both as a gaming platform and if I had unlimited funds, I guarantee you I'd own each console and all of their hit games.

flyakite19 uh no I'm a "fanboy" yet I can afford all of the consoles :) And you can be pretty sure most other of them can afford it too...

SpartanX for example, he works at Microsoft, he should have some money don't you think?

You should not say IN-GAME when it's rendered with the game engine, you should call it IN-ENGINE or ingame cutscene!

586595254[/snapback]

From a technical standpoint, anything realtime rendered on the hardware that you're playing on is gameplay, either controlled by the player or by a script. There is no difference between "gameplay" and an "in-engine" cutscene if it's not prerendered (ie, an mpg or bink video of cg that was made on a supercomputer).

The only 2 divisions that should be made are realtime and video, and that's only assuming that the video was rendered in a CG farm and not just done on a devkit and recorded.

To be honest it didn't impress me alot. I like racing games but this one doesn't hit the sweet spot on my tongue.

The way that he turns the wheel is awkward, it's always the same amount.

Either way, it looks ****ing amazing!

586596438[/snapback]

thats because when u play with the joystick pad you turn the stick all the way to the right instead of gently

The way that he turns the wheel is awkward, it's always the same amount.

Either way, it looks ****ing amazing!

586596438[/snapback]

I think animation is gonna be one of the things that holds us back for a while, not necessarily in this example, but games are so good looking that soon one of the only ways you'll be able to tell its fake is to see collisions where the physics are off and animations that repeat or arent perfectly smooth.

To be honest it didn't impress me alot. I like racing games but this one doesn't hit the sweet spot on my tongue.

damn it must be hard to please you, it looks better than any racing game i have ever played.

that looked amazing i didn't know there where making an in car camera like that, it looks perfect IMO.

i can't wait to be sitting in those Lambo's :p:P

I notice he turns his head to check right and left sides while driving. That's pretty cool, don't think I've seen this feature before in other racing games. But this looks like actual game play. As for MSG4, I don't care what they claim, it is not gameplay/in-game/in-engine/whatever you want to call it. I mean, when the game actually comes out, it will not deliver that kind of graphics.

Whenever my excitement for this game dies down, something always comes back to build it back up. Still looking great :D

As for MSG4, I don't care what they claim, it is not gameplay/in-game/in-engine/whatever you want to call it. I mean, when the game actually comes out, it will not deliver that kind of graphics.

586596703[/snapback]

It's in-game, just not gameplay ;) It'll look like that when it comes out. Kojima doesn't mess around like that