Chrome Hounds Xbox 360 Gameplay Video

I hope people watch this, and realize the difference between "In-game realtime" and "gameplay". The gorgeous intro is obviously "In-game realtime", and, later it switches to game play. I think there is a huge difference in the way the two look.

This is the same for all the MGS4 fans. You'll be disapointed. Many 360 owners will be disapointed, because there have been too many video postings of "In-game realtime" and not "gameplay".

Anyway, both of the new systems will look great, just, not as great during gameplay as the intro's and stuff.

Now, from a gameplay point of view, i am not sure the fancy graphics will have my buy this game. I was never a fan of mechwarriors controls, and, this looks a lot like the same. Could be interesting though....

If every other MGS game is anything to go by we certainly won't be disappointed.

Sorry, you are correct. I love MGS. My point was, you will be disapointed in the graphics. What a system CAN do, and what is feasible for gameplay look entirely different.

Sorry, you are correct.  I love MGS.  My point was, you will be disapointed in the graphics.  What a system CAN do, and what is feasible for gameplay look entirely different.

586597793[/snapback]

Every other MGS games gameplay has looked on-par with the cutscenes so why would MGS4 be any different?

Have trust in Kojima. :cool:

It isn't the terrian that I think makes the difference between "In-game" and "gameplay". i think it is the subtle things, that make it stand out. Things like camera zoom, camera motion, shake effect, etc. Try to think of Gran Turismo. A good looking game during gameplay, but, the replays is where it really looks great.

All I am saying is that if people are expecting the games to look during gameplay, as they do during cut-scenes, they will be disapointed.

I am not saying this as a fan boy. I really am going to get all three systems. I just dont want people to make uninformed decisions.

It isn't the terrian that I think makes the difference between "In-game" and "gameplay".  i think it is the subtle things, that make it stand out.  Things like camera zoom, camera motion, shake effect, etc.  Try to think of Gran Turismo.  A good looking game during gameplay, but, the replays is where it really looks great. 

All I am saying is that if people are expecting the games to look during gameplay, as they do during cut-scenes, they will be disapointed. 

I am not saying this as a fan boy.  I really am going to get all three systems. I just dont want people to make uninformed decisions.

586597828[/snapback]

I think all game videos shouls be in-game with the heads up display (score, lives left, weapon and ammo left).

Every other MGS games gameplay has looked on-par with the cutscenes so why would MGS4 be any different?

Have trust in Kojima. cool.gif

Hehe, I disagree, and agree!

I dont really think that gameplay of MGS looked as good as in-game cut-scenes, but, I have full-faith in Kojima, and that MGS4 will be game of the year next year :)

again, I think it is the subtle little camera tricks that make cut-scense look nicer. Imagine a movie where the camera was behind the guys head all movie, and then imagine a glorious shot of a beach with full overexposure on for a "bloom" type effect, and the camera zoomed in, etc.

I think all game videos shouls be in-game with the heads up display (score, lives left, weapon and ammo left).

586597836[/snapback]

It would certainly stop all the "it's not in game" crap that goes around, but it wouldn't be as impressive to watch. To me tho, in-engine or in-game (with hud and what not) are the same to me because in-engine is rendered in real time too. It's just the camera angle, FOV, and depth of field that usually makes it look better than gameplay. 9 times out of 10 its always the same models, textures, etc that's used during gameplay but the camera angle and motion make it look 10x more realistic. Like the guy above said, take GT for example; Same car models as during the race, but because of the camera movement, angles and depth of field, the replays look so much better than gameplay.