Mobile Device Desktops

Here's something I've been working on.

HTC One X(L) running CM10.1

Status bar hidden, dock hidden, no icons, one home screen with just a simple Minimalistic Text widget linked to a few tasker actions.

Just an attempt at super minimalistic. It's all gesture based (ex. swipe down for status, up for app drawer, etc). Still trying to find a launcher that has robust enough gesture support though. It's still a work in progress.

4iit7mC.jpg?1

I tell everyone that I did my home screen like this to confuse iPhone users. And it works every time. :laugh:

• Like 1

Changed up my wallpaper. this was taken 3 days ago though.

CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies

Weather/Clock Widget is Chronus

Can I get this wallpaper please?!? :drool:

Here's something I've been working on.

HTC One X(L) running CM10.1

Status bar hidden, dock hidden, no icons, one home screen with just a simple Minimalistic Text widget linked to a few tasker actions.

Just an attempt at super minimalistic. It's all gesture based (ex. swipe down for status, up for app drawer, etc). Still trying to find a launcher that has robust enough gesture support though. It's still a work in progress.

4iit7mC.jpg?1

I tell everyone that I did my home screen like this to confuse iPhone users. And it works every time. :laugh:

Apex has decent enough gesture support I feel, allowing pinch, swipe up/down, two finger up/down, long tap and double tap.

I have mine set so that swipe down is notification bar, but double finger swipe down is quick settings panel.

That looks nice! Does it run smoothly, stable, are the features there?

Naa not yet, HW/Acceleration isn't working properly yet, audio is very low, loads of other things not working yet, very early pre-alpha port of a dev preview, proof of concept I'd say, but it works, so by the time Canonical release the finished build I am hoping we have most of it fixed :)

Naa not yet, HW/Acceleration isn't working properly yet, audio is very low, loads of other things not working yet, very early pre-alpha port of a dev preview, proof of concept I'd say, but it works, so by the time Canonical release the finished build I am hoping we have most of it fixed :)

Good to know. It looks really promising. This is one product I really want to take off. :)

Good to know. It looks really promising. This is one product I really want to take off. :)

Yea same, do you have a Transformer ?

Supposedly once its released, there will be a few different modes/UIs depending on which device it's running on and if they're docked or connected to a TV etc

So I'm hoping the Transformer will have tablet mode and full desktop mode when docked to the keyboard dock, and TV mode when connected to HDMI

• Like 1

Yea same, do you have a Transformer ?

Supposedly once its released, there will be a few different modes/UIs depending on which device it's running on and if they're docked or connected to a TV etc

So I'm hoping the Transformer will have tablet mode and full desktop mode when docked to the keyboard dock, and TV mode when connected to HDMI

No I don't. I was thinking about getting one but got the Nexus 7 instead. I was thinking about throwing Ubuntu touch or Plasma Active on my N7, but both seem a little under cooked for the time being and I'm really enjoying Android.

I've heard about the dual UI's, but never really looked into it. I'm sure it'll be fine when it's considered stable.

No I don't. I was thinking about getting one but got the Nexus 7 instead. I was thinking about throwing Ubuntu touch or Plasma Active on my N7, but both seem a little under cooked for the time being and I'm really enjoying Android.

I've heard about the dual UI's, but never really looked into it. I'm sure it'll be fine when it's considered stable.

Ubuntu Touch works 100% for the Nexus devices I believe, the Transformer is not officially supported which is why its at such an early stage

Instructions here for the N7

http://lifehacker.com/5986004/install-the-ubuntu-touch-preview-on-your-nexus-phone-or-tablet

Ubuntu Touch works 100% for the Nexus devices I believe, the Transformer is not officially supported which is why its at such an early stage

Instructions here for the N7

http://lifehacker.co...phone-or-tablet

I saw that and it looks cool, however, I'm worried about running into/creating issues that I don't have now. Remember how I messed my N7 up the first time? :laugh: Ever since we fixed Gwallet, it's been running very fast, very smooth--even used gwallet to browse the web and pay for my coffee at Starbucks. I might give it a try when it's pronounced "stable". :)

A little more cluttered than usual, but here's mine. You can download the wallpaper here. They were originally made for WP7.5 devices so the only size available is 480x800.

10ye8go.png

6giu76.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

HTC One X (Tegra 3 version) running IceColdJelly 4.2.1

Nova Launcher Prime with Touch Theme icons

Chronus widget with a UCCW opaque shape behind it

(can't find the exact widget in the play store to link it - it came with the rom)

Wallpaper - Anna Silk of Lost Girl fame from her Facebook fan page

post-334516-0-65332600-1364084957.png

• Like 2

HTC One X (Tegra 3 version) running IceColdJelly 4.2.1

Nova Launcher Prime with Touch Theme icons

Chronus widget with a UCCW opaque shape behind it

(can't find the exact widget in the play store to link it - it came with the rom)

Wallpaper - Anna Silk of Lost Girl fame from her Facebook fan page

She is so incredibly HOT.

Lost Girl is actually my favorite TV show.

Current. Simple.

Galaxy Nexus (Toro)

PA Nightlies with Tiny Kernel 3.3

post-17763-0-14006300-1364338803.jpg

post-17763-0-97147500-1364338813.jpg

• Like 1