October Workstations

Si

Welcome to the Post Your Workstation Photos thread. In this thread you may post pics of your workstation area.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

The usual forum rules also apply.

Have fun!

dt26

deskoctober.jpg

Really need a new monitor. Keep spending my money elsewhere though =/

Homer

Here's mine, not cleaned up in a few days now, not been feeling well so thats why theres a lot of juice here. :p

1.jpg

2.jpg

2s2k

there is a room called 'kitchen' for all food supplies and eating :)

post-43421-1128111446_thumb.jpg

post-43421-1128111468_thumb.jpg

Caleo

desk.jpg

Btw, I need a new case, I know. I plan on getting it within a week or two :)

I've gotten an ipod since that pic :p ...so imagine a docked 3g ipod right past the dinovo keyboard :)

Homer

NOOOOO! Movement, means moving. This kitchen type object you speak of is downstairs. Me == lazy. :p

I has a fridge next to me. :D

teejaydm
desk.jpg

I've gotten an ipod since that pic :p ...so imagine a docked 3g ipod right past the dinovo keyboard :)

586600652[/snapback]

nice desk, thinking of getting a similar one. The monitor stand (2nd floor lol), is it part of the main structure or can it be remove?(is its molded medal or just screwed?)

teejaydm
desk.jpg

586600652[/snapback]

nice desk, thinking of getting a similar one. The monitor stand (2nd floor lol), is it part of the main structure or can it be remove?(is its molded medal or just screwed?)

konstantinos

i am broke! this thread should be banned for making me spend money!

alpha_omega

fingerprints everywhere and you see the dust "earlier" than on wood... and of course you need a mousepad for your optical...

Porsche Design

are there any big disadvantages to glass tables?

they look pretty resonable and nice.

Caleo

Unless the glass is like black on the bottom (like a mirror), it's not too much of an issue... I've noticed some scratches generally around the front of where the keyboard is... but tbh I can't see any reason why a glass desk would be more prone to scratches than a wood desk :p

IK47

Do not ever buy a glass table.

I have one, and am going to be stuck with it until I can afford to buy another.

Everytime you touch the desk, there are marks. If you keep a binder on it, the metal studs on the back will make nasty scratches on it. If you have a mouse, you gotta use a mousepad. If you got wires, congratulations, they are now 100% visible.

Espada04
Do not ever buy a glass table.

I have one, and am going to be stuck with it until I can afford to buy another.

Everytime you touch the desk, there are marks.  If you keep a binder on it, the metal studs on the back will make nasty scratches on it.  If you have a mouse, you gotta use a mousepad.  If you got wires, congratulations, they are now 100% visible.

586602520[/snapback]

and if u get angry

there goes your glass table :laugh:

Timan

Now its a monthly workstation thread? Was much nicer have 1 big one than one every few weeks, specially when it only gets to be like 5/10 pages

eric zed
Now its a monthly workstation thread? Was much nicer have 1 big one than one every few weeks, specially when it only gets to be like 5/10 pages

586602584[/snapback]

Quoted for truth. I can see why "Desktops of the month of x" would be suitable, because changing your wallpaper is a pretty monthly thign to a lot of us, but workstations? I don't like this idea at all. We don't move our computers around, and this will just end up with everyone posting the exact same picture for every month. Please move it back to one big thread.

accesser
Here's mine, not cleaned up in a few days now, not been feeling well so thats why theres a lot of juice here:p:p

1.jpg

2.jpg

586600553[/snapback]

What Sony TFT/LCD you have and is it good?

I have a Samsung 913B 19? TFT (8ms) at the moment but need a second screen for dual view, what do you think of Sony

Cheers

Gotchaforce
Quoted for truth. I can see why "Desktops of the month of x" would be suitable, because changing your wallpaper is a pretty monthly thign to a lot of us, but workstations? I don't like this idea at all. We don't move our computers around, and this will just end up with everyone posting the exact same picture for every month. Please move it back to one big thread.

586602661[/snapback]

quote for truth

maybe we should just do workstations threads that are limited to 100 pages

once the 100 pages is up, its locked, a new thread is created, and the old 100 page locked thread can be linked to in the first post. I may be wrong, but im pretty sure very large threads are really not what phpbb likes to deal with, and web servers cant deal with them much better, its just a waste of bandwidth really... so we should just divide em up

Nashy
What Sony TFT/LCD you have and is it good?

I have a Samsung 913B 19? TFT (8ms) at the moment but need a second screen for dual view, what do you think of Sony

Cheers

586602684[/snapback]

You like juice yeah:rofl:l:

accesser
You like juice yeah? :rofl:

586602992[/snapback]

WTF Homer does I don?t, coffee and coke for m:D:D

RevelMore

now i have to update my bookmarks every month like desktops, i liked it before, but whatever neowin decides must be good.

lukesaucer
are there any big disadvantages to glass tables?

they look pretty resonable and nice.

586601572[/snapback]

I have a one with tempered glass. It isn't that much of an issue with dust, just clean it off, it takes like a minute or two, Isn't hard, you can just do it while waiting for a download or something. One disadvantage I have though, is weight. I think my desk can only hold 45 pounds, so for now I am stuck with a 17 inch viewsonic (35lbs). Unless you have an LCD though, that shouldn't be any problem at all though since they are a lot less than CRT monitors. I love my glass desk though, I guess just look around and make sure you check weight limits out.

Plus tempered glass is nice since it can probably hold more, and doesn't appear to be as dirty.

DigitalN.

IM003838%20(Medium).JPG

woot new system. A64s rule

edit: new picture, can't forget the iBook love