October Workstations

Nice setup, boneca! I don't even wanna know how much that setup costs.  :D

The computer I bought 4 years ago for $1400, now eMachines sells a similiar spec'd computer for $299.99. That hurts. :cry:

586715202[/snapback]

My uncle bought an IBM aptiva 10 years ago for $5k+, its not even worth $50 today lol.

---------------------------------------------------

I noticed that glass tables are nice but with a big flaw. The wires, its hard to hide wires with a glass table.

Rearranged the layout a bit:

octoberoffice.jpg

Main workstation (middle):

Dual Xeons 3.6Ghz @ 3.8Ghz

ATI X800XT PE + ATI 9250 PCI 256mb ram

4Gb of DDR400 OCZ Performance

1xRaptor 74gb

1xSeagate 300Gb 7200.8

NEC 3520 DVD-R/RW

ASUS DVD

Lian Li V1200B case

Sound Blaster X-Fi

PC Power and Cooling 510XE PSU (dual cpu)

External Maxtor OneTouch II - 300 Gb

Microsoft Natural Pro keyboard + Logitech 518

2x 20" Dell FP2001 + Dell 24" widescreen

Left workstation:

P4 EE 3.46

ATI 9800XT 256

1.5Gb of DDR400 Kingston

2xRaptor 36Gb RAID 0 + 80Gb Maxtor 7200

Sonata case

Antec 480W PSU

Logitech 3000 desktop/set

Mitsubishi DiamondPro 20" CRT

Laptop:

HP zd7000 P4 3.2 Gb + 1Gb ram + 60Gb 5400rpm HDD + GeForce 5600 128Mb

Right:

Mac Mini 1.42Ghz + Mitsubishi DiamondPro 20" CRT

Cheers.

Little update and reorangement  :D , spend all night reoranging the cables - not perfect but much better than it used to be ...

P1000716.jpg

P1000720.jpg

P1000722.jpg

I love those PowerMates  :)

FYI - wallpapers of Jessica Alba from Skins.be  :p

586712383[/snapback]

Greatest workstation i've seen!!! I wish I had that much money, and I wish I had an actual desk!! I ain't postin' mine until I get a desk, lol.

BOZ you make me jealous :cry: . How do you get soo much money!!!

Boz, out of interest what do you use all those machines for?

586734122[/snapback]

Main workstation is for design and web development with some 3d modelling and video compositing. Left workstation is for some rendering, video encoding if I have to work on the main one and has IIS installed to act as a web server.

Laptop is for me being able to work off-site if I have to go to client offices and make changes there (though it's pretty weak now) and I do some financial stuff on it like invoices and financial apps in general. It's also a test machine in some cases for projects I work on.

Mac mini is purely there for testing purposes for projects, though I also bought it to see if I could get used to it and maybe completely switch to Mac as my primary development platform.

this camera just can't do justice to how sweet this LCD is.

586734747[/snapback]

nice setup & especially sweet wallpaper :happy:

Hp Pavilion 761n

hp.JPG

|AMD Athlon Xp 2000+ (1.67ghz)|1 GB of DDR Ram|80gb Hard Drive|Hp DVD & Hp CD Burners|Windows Xp Home Edition Sp2|

Devices: Hp MX70 17inch Flat CRT Monitor, Logitech X-220 Speakers, Hp PSC 1350 All-in-one, Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard, Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0, Dlink DI-604 Router (The ADSL modem is on the other side of the room next to the telephone jack :p) & Hp Camera Dock for my Hp Photosmart 320.

Info: This is the family computer, I use it mostly though. It's a good reliable system, just wish I had a LCD Monitor ;) .

Custom Pentium II

pentium.JPG

|Pentium II with MMX and overclocked :ph34r: (300mhz)|128mb of Ram|3.2gb Hard Drive + 6gb Hard Drive|CD-RW + DVD-Rom Drives|Windows 2000 Professional Sp4|

Devices: TTX 14inch Monitor, Labtec Speakers, Microsoft IntelliMouse, Hp Keyboard.

Info: This is the computer that is just sitting in the basement right now. Right now it's my test machine for everything but once the basement is done it's either going in the basement's bedroom until a new computer comes to replace the Hp or is gonna be used as a file server in the storage room.

And now for the unveiling of the new....

NEC Versa 4050H :p

nec.JPG

|Pentium I (90mhz)|40mb of Ram|1.3gb Hard Drive|CD-Rom Drive|10.1 inch Screen|Windows 2000 Professional Sp4!!!! :D |

Info: Yep, you read that right; Windows 2000 Professional Sp4! It runs like a dream. It is more stable then ever and it is actually a whole lot faster then when Windows 98 was on it. I love that laptop now, use it lots now and I even take it to school and use it there (Comeon, it's not like anyone is gonna steal it and try to take it to a Pawn Shop :rofl: ).

My updated workstation, now with 2005fpw :D  Speakers upgrade coming soon... I hope.

Click on the images to enlarge.  Enjoy!

dL

586738467[/snapback]

beautiful DL ;) :yes:

Hp Pavilion 761n

]http://www3.telus.net/gnewman3/neowin_files/computers/oct/hp.JPG[/img]

|AMD Athlon Xp 2000+ (1.67ghz)|1 GB of DDR Ram|80gb Hard Drive|Hp DVD & Hp CD Burners|Windows Xp Home Edition Sp2|

Devices: Hp MX70 17inch Flat CRT Monitor, Logitech X-220 Speakers, Hp PSC 1350 All-in-one, Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard, Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0, Dlink DI-604 Router (The ADSL modem is on the other side of the room next to the telephone jack :p) & Hp Camera Dock for my Hp Photosmart 320.

Info: This is the family computer, I use it mostly though. It's a good reliable system, just wish I had a LCD Monitor ;) .

Custom Pentium II

|Pentium II with MMX and overclocked  :ph34r: (300mhz)|128mb of Ram|3.2gb Hard Drive + 6gb Hard Drive|CD-RW + DVD-Rom Drives|Windows 2000 Professional Sp4|

Devices: TTX 14inch Monitor, Labtec Speakers, Microsoft IntelliMouse, Hp Keyboard.

Info: This is the computer that is just sitting in the basement right now. Right now it's my test machine for everything but once the basement is done it's either going in the basement's bedroom until a new computer comes to replace the Hp or is gonna be used as a file server in the storage room.

And now for the unveiling of the new....

NEC Versa 4050H  :p

http://www3.telus.net/gnewman3/neowin_file...ers/oct/nec.JPG[/img]

|Pentium I (90mhz)|40mb of Ram|1.3gb Hard Drive|CD-Rom Drive|10.1 inch Screen|Windows 2000 Professional Sp4!!!! :D |

Info: Yep, you read that right; Windows 2000 Professional Sp4! It runs like a dream. It is more stable then ever and it is actually a whole lot faster then when Windows 98 was on it. I love that laptop now, use it lots now and I even take it to school and use it there (Comeon, it's not like anyone is gonna steal it and try to take it to a Pawn Shop :rofl: ).

586737986[/snapback]

your putting shame on the apple name by having that picture as your background on that laptop.

Hey, 'thenewbrgnewman' what desk is that on your Hp Pavilion 761n? I'm just sort of curious, since I'm searching for a smaller desk to use for another computer.

586739283[/snapback]

I actually have no clue, it used to be in my room but then I got a bigger desk in my room and now that the basement is being done I had to move the computer upstairs but the desk it was on doesn't fit in here. I think it was actually from The Bay in Canada.

But I know we just bought a desk about the same size and same specs as this one for my bro's room. The only thing different is it's a wood grain but I'm sure you can get white too. No clue where we got it though

My updated workstation, now with 2005fpw :D  Speakers upgrade coming soon... I hope.

Click on the images to enlarge.  Enjoy!

dL

586738467[/snapback]

What wallaper is that and where can I get it? ;)