October Workstations

The X1600 is the better buy, trust me on that.

The fun of owning a psp dies after a week.  The X1600 will last for years.

586635087[/snapback]

x1600 is waste of money. if u are planning to spend 200$ then get a

sapphire x800GTO^2 . its a 12 pipe card, has the same core as x850xt which means you can unlock those 4 pipes with a bios flash. the success rate so far has been 100% :)

damn thats some nice stuff!!!

:o

i gotta say however.. i think you should get some ikea jerkers, it would be perfect for those nice aluminum cases and nice LCDs

mind tellling us what cases those are btw?

damn thats some nice stuff!!!

ohmy.gif

i gotta say however.. i think you should get some ikea jerkers, it would be perfect for those nice aluminum cases and nice LCDs

mind tellling us what cases those are btw?

thx, i'll look up the ikea jerkers. on the left is a lian-li pc-65 and on the right is a lian-li v1000w.

Well, they've probably got half decent jobs and spend there money on computers.

That's my plan for next year when I decide to get a job.

586638215[/snapback]

soem peopel on this site have very good jobs in IT, some get discounted hardware as a privelage, and this kind of neowin has enough money to run his little sports car and have a beasty sportscar.

However ther eis the other end of the scale, some neowins are 14 year olds with a rich mummy and daddy.

soem peopel on this site have very good jobs in IT, some get discounted hardware as a privelage, and this kind of neowin has enough money to run his little sports car and have a beasty sportscar.

However ther eis the other end of the scale, some neowins are 14 year olds with a rich mummy and daddy.

586638655[/snapback]

do i detect an element of bitterness there?

its true what you say though. however i often wonder whether some workstations are simply for show rather than for functionality. being a computer science student i appreciate the virtue of dual screening while coding but i am sure a lot of the people on here simply use multiple displays as it is the 'thing to do'.

frankly i cannot afford another TFT but I would find it very useful to have the chip design on screen when i am hacking away at verilog...

Edited by konstantinos

do i detect an element of bitterness there?

its true what you say though. however i often wonder whether some workstations are simply for show rather than for functionality. being a computer science student i appreciate the virtue of dual screening while coding but i am sure a lot of the people on here simply use multiple displays as it is the 'thing to do'.

frankly i cannot afford another TFT but I would find it very useful to have the chip design on screen when i am hacking away at verilog...

586639052[/snapback]

No, im not bitter, I have a very nice setup, im just glad i paid for it and I earnt it.

i remember when i was 14, I think my family we had an Amiga 500 on a portable TV, and I was only allowed to use it with permision. Kids these days are very lucky, tons of them can jsut say "I want a high spec rig wioth 3 lcds for christmas" and a lot of them get it. Of course this isnt the same for everyone.

Wow even flame wars start in here, haven't seen this in awhile. Amazing.  :huh:

586639082[/snapback]

Who exactly is flaming who ?

We are just discussing how people afford their setups.

where was the flaming?!

sorry if it sounded like that inertia, i was just chatting.

i am currently at university and my parents paid for my current rig. i am particularly grateful for this. the remainder of my components and upgrades, i saved for myself.

i don't really see the point on kids being spoilt with super rigs, whats the point!? but another part of me says, if the parents have the money, why not give their kids some luxuries. ah well. its a confusing thing, capitalism.

well i can tell you when I was growing up my parents weren't as well off as they are now. We weren't poor, but I didn't have what some of these kids have to day. I turned 15 and got a job to get things I wanted. So i know the meaning of money. However, when I get out of college and have kids I would buy them whatever computer stuff they want. Atleast these kids are into technology and not out getting into trouble. There is no reason to call someone names because their parents went to college to have a good job and make the money they do now. I hate that name calling ****..."rich mommy and daddy". People say it like it's a bad thing. At the heart of it it's nothing but pure jealousy!

I can't stand it when people get all jealous and call someone "spoiled". I know a girl that when she graduate and went off to college her dad bought her a brand new fully loaded accord, a new laptop, and a couple other things. They pay for her school, insurance, etc.. She never worked a day in her life. Had a credit card that was her parents that she carried around. So many people gave her **** about it. You know what though? She graduated 2nd in her class with a 5. something GPA and is making all A's in college. She never got into trouble and was generally a VERY good girl. She deserved every bit of it. It just so happened that her parents were wealthy enough to give it to her. So just because someone else can't afford it doesn't mean the person who can should be made fun of. Not to sound rude at all, but her parents put the time and effort into school to be where they are...some parents don't so that's life. No need for people to be all rude about it.

586639819[/snapback]

Excited head.

No kid is going to do any better for themselves cos they have been bought a top of the range gaming rig with 3 LCDS.

Any way i was purley answeing posts as to how neowinians afford their kit, I wasnt calling judgement.

well i can tell you when I was growing up my parents weren't as well off as they are now. We weren't poor, but I didn't have what some of these kids have to day. I turned 15 and got a job to get things I wanted. So i know the meaning of money. However, when I get out of college and have kids I would buy them whatever computer stuff they want. Atleast these kids are into technology and not out getting into trouble. There is no reason to call someone names because their parents went to college to have a good job and make the money they do now. I hate that name calling ****..."rich mommy and daddy". People say it like it's a bad thing. At the heart of it it's nothing but pure jealousy!

I can't stand it when people get all jealous and call someone "spoiled". I know a girl that when she graduate and went off to college her dad bought her a brand new fully loaded accord, a new laptop, and a couple other things. They pay for her school, insurance, etc.. She never worked a day in her life. Had a credit card that was her parents that she carried around. So many people gave her **** about it. You know what though? She graduated 2nd in her class with a 5. something GPA and is making all A's in college. She never got into trouble and was generally a VERY good girl. She deserved every bit of it. It just so happened that her parents were wealthy enough to give it to her. So just because someone else can't afford it doesn't mean the person who can should be made fun of. Not to sound rude at all, but her parents put the time and effort into school to be where they are...some parents don't so that's life. No need for people to be all rude about it.

Not to mention it's extremely rude to begin with to even ask "OMG, what do you do to afford all that" " you must be really rich, how can you buy all that" "you're too rich, you don't need all that stuff", etc...

Inertia, even a 15 year old can get a job that pays at least $7 an hour.

If they work Thurday 4-9, Friday, 4-9, Saturday 12-5, Sunday 12-5, thats 20 Hours.

approx.

{7 * 20 = $140 a week

$140 * 4 =$560 a week

$140 * 52 = $7280 a year}

You would be able to afford nice things such as..

Clothes, Shoes, Jewellery..

Phones, Cameras, DAPs, PMPs...

TVs, Laptops, Consoles..

or you could just do what I do..

My workstation this month. Which will most likely stay the same for many months to come. I've had enough of spending money on this damn thing.

Pic 1:

63.jpg

Pics 2:

Pic1.jpg

Pic 3:

Pic2.jpg

i bet the cooling is great. :D

586625892[/snapback]

Yeah, upon further review, he does have the motherboard resting securely on that thin sheet of foam paper...so it's all good. :laugh:

And nevermind the pirated copy of Win XP64 he's got sitting out on the table....what a slacker! :p

586629674[/snapback]

It wouldn't really matter if I had it laying on the table anyway, as wood is an insulator also lol.

And pirated? What if it was slipstreamed or something? (But yeah you caught me)...

It was laying on the table because I was too lazy to put it in a case, here is a new shot:

nothomeless2.jpg

The cooling was better outside of my case though, because my air conditioning vent was hitting the board spot on, and I always keep my room a nice 65*F (18.3*C).

Hit 2.8Ghz with the setup outside, could only coax it to 2.6 inside.. Then I dumped that out and put in a 3700+, and jacked that up to 2.7. I bet I could hit higher if It was laying outside...