Purchasing a digital camera

Im looking to spend up to ?200 on a new digital camera.

I'm more interested in zoom than the number of megapixels i want a digtial camera with good zoom as my current camera has 3x optical and 2.7x digtal but i find the optical isn't enough and i prefer not to use digital zoom if i can avoid it.

Im looking for at least 7x optical zoom and the more the better.

I was looking at a minota dimage Z3 as it seems to be within my price range and it has 12x optical zoom and anti-shake which i think will be very helpfull when using the higher zoom levels.

Can anyone comment on this camera or reccomend something better for the price range.

Slightly over by ?9, but I would recommend:

Sony Cybershot DSC-W7

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Sony-CyberShot-D...1QQcmdZViewItem

or, for ?165 (?190 inc.postage), the Sony Cybershot DSC-W5

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Sony-CyberShot-D...1QQcmdZViewItem

EDI:pinch:ch: Okay you said 7x optical. But nevermind, they're nice to look at I suppose.

If anyone here has a Z3 id be interested to hear what you think..

there seems to be confilicting reviews of it going around with some people saying its amazing and some people saying its not that good :rolleyes: somewhat unhelpfull.

I have a Fuji S5500, it's the same as the above mentioned S5100 Zoom, and i really like it. 10x optical zoom, 4MP. Fuji have just released the S5600 (S5200 Zoom, dunno why they have two different names :blink: ) which means that the S5500 might came down in price. You can also buy a lens adapter for the S5500 which makes it 15x Optical zoom. I think it's great :D

The only thing that puts me of the fuji cameras slightly is the fact that take XD cards.

My current camera takes SD cards so i have a few of them already...

Although i'm certianly not ruling out other formats.

There was a fuji film camera i was looking at the S3500

i know i orignaly said 7x optical zoom but i suppose i could settle for 6x

;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...4426620-5719652

should i go for this one?

I'd probably get the dimage Z3 after reading reviews from various camera sites it seems to get good reviews, And its the only camera ive seen in my price range with anti-shake which i think would be a nice feature to have.

That and it has 12x zoom and takes SD cards (which i have some of already)

Thanks for the suggestions though, the fuji was tempting but the antishake which made me decide on the z3 in the end.

Edited by dragon2611

I didn?t feel like starting a new thread, so I?ll just ask my question here... Hopefully someone will see it anyway. I'm going to buy a new digital camera, but I can not decide what one to buy... A friend of mine told me that Pentax Optio S5z is a good camera, is it a good buy or can someone recommend some other camera for about the same price?

Thanks

I love Canon cameras. They have never let me down before ! You get feature for your money.

But never go with Kodak, I have bad memories of them ...