MS needs a great deal to be #1

will MS make a great deal when PS3 comes out  

28 members have voted

1. 1. will MS make a great deal when PS3 comes out

• Yes
    • No

its too early for predictions like this, although i think the xbox 360 is on a great track to really do well this console war. Sony's biggest hurdle is the later launch, believe me, the PS3 will sell, IT WILL SELL.

will MS have a good deal with the xbox360 when the PS3 comes out? what will make a great deal?

i think MS will at less drop the price of the xbox 360 when the PS3 comes out, MS will be happy just to sell more xbox360's then xbox's(since MS has alot of money) :yes:. what do you think ?

Edited by rap4life

MS may not have to drop prices, espically if the PS3 comes out and is more expensive than both xbox360 packages. What they need to do (and every company needs to do cough Nintendo) is to market their console. More commercials of games, commercials of the system itself. Once word is spread, victory is imminent.

Yeah I think they'll just make a bundle or do a very small price drop (which they can do since I heard they are no longer giving the remote controls with the 360 after the New Year). Or they'll just release one of the big hyped up games.

will MS have a good deal with the xbox360 when the PS3 comes out? what will make a great deal?

i think MS will at less drop the price of the xbox 360 when the PS3 comes out, MS will be happy just to sell more xbox360's then xbox's(since MS has alot of money) :yes:. what do you think  ?

586603739[/snapback]

OMG dude, u quoted me from another thread and didnt give me credit! :(

it really depends at exactly what price the ps3 comes out for, and what the final specs end up being. there's no reason why microsoft would need to cut the price of x360 if there's a clear gap, but microsoft like to go that extra mile to **** off competition, so don't be surprised if we get goddam huge bitchslapping marketing compaign at the same time as ps3 launch which draws up the obvious price differences / amount of game differences between the two consoles, and to then throw in a rebate as well.

The price of the PS3 no matter how astronimical it may be would probably take a backseat if Sony has big launch titles. Something of the Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, or Metal Gear Solid calibur because there are a significant people who would still buy the system, no matter what the price, for those games. Still the PS2 sold very well initially without the greatest launch lineup, I think the backwards compatability with the PS1 played a part in that because games were still being released for the PS1 like Final Fantasy IX, etc. And juding the remaining PS2 lineup, Sony is finishing with a bang as usual.

Edited by jmole

^ everyone that wants the PS3 cant get it untill the price drops(if its $500), so a great deal with the xbox360 will change someones mind. who will work more time to play a video game, its one think to save up for a console its another to work 8 more hours a week for a console.you play a console for fun, its not fun to work 8 more hours for a whole month or more.

They need Halo 3. I see some nice titles around the launch window, but after that nothing really stands out to me. And let's be honest here, without the Halo series, Xbox 180 wouldn't have done anywhere near as well as it did.