info on compatibility with external HD

hey everyone, I recently decided that I going to get a external hard drive to back up all my stuff. So I went out and bought a 3.5" Kingwin. Now me being the genius I am never thought to consider what this would be compatible with. It says the internal interface is IDE, does that mean that the only notebook hard drives I can use are notebook IDE drives. because I'm having a tough time finding them. To be honest I actully have no idea the differences in notebook harddrives. Will any notebook HD work?

hey everyone, I recently decided that I going to get a external hard drive to back up all my stuff. So I went out and bought a 3.5" Kingwin. Now me being the genius I am never thought to consider what this would be compatible with. It says the internal interface is IDE, does that mean that the only notebook hard drives I can use are notebook IDE drives. because I'm having a tough time finding them. To be honest I actully have no idea the differences in notebook harddrives. Will any notebook HD work?

586606431[/snapback]

if you havn't already bought the HD, just make sure you buy a 3.5" IDE harddrive. Basically, it's what most people consider "normal" hard drives. by notebook, i assume you mean 2.5" hd, and that isn't what you want. It'll be too small, and way more expensive.