Next Generation Graphics from ATI *56K*

For NVIDIA to top that would take a 7800 Ultra that would prob be considerably more expensive than the $549 for the 512 MB x1800Xt.

Woot! I'm no fan boy for anything but I'm glad I'll be able to get the best vid card out at such a convenient time for me

:-)

Three cheers for ATI!

I hope you guys understand that these slides are from ATI. I wouldn't be suprised if they are false in some way so let's wait for benchies to see if ATI is right. Besides, I doubt they used the 8x.xx drivers from NVIDIA which speed up GeForce products quite a lot in some games.

Lol I clicked this thread thinking there were going to be ingame shots or something of some sort. But found something even better :p although I won't believe benchmarks until I see them in more review sites... But the specs comparisons is awesome!

586612352[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly ;) I hate when I see companies showing they're better then a certain card, for all users know it can be b.s, I trust review sites more than big-wigs.

:woot: 9100 on enthusiast, and thats only 1 card ......

imagine to of those babies :p man cant wait for Crossfire version of them !!!!! :p

:woot: :woot: :rolleyes:

I hope you guys understand that these slides are from ATI. I wouldn't be suprised if they are false in some way so let's wait for benchies to see if ATI is right. Besides, I doubt they used the 8x.xx drivers from NVIDIA which speed up GeForce products quite a lot in some games. /

Ofcourse companies make up some stats but maybe it is expected 5-10% advantage over their rival is reasonable, But these stats show that that ATI hav completly ****ed up the 7800 and Look at the FEAR SP stats it almost doubles in performance a big company like ATi can not simply pull **** like that out of its ass without some real tests.

still missing transparency supersampling!!!! So it is not able to do AA inside a

texture...and it takes 2 pci slots, so in crossfire setting that would be 4 pci slots, leaving you with euhh....non??

and DX 10 will overtake al today's GFX cards with DX9.....a so the story goes on and on and on.....

A site got a pre-production model of the new ATi card and if the actual shipping product offers the same performance as the card these guys got a hold of then I'm sorry but ATi are just liars.

I am no fanboy owning both the 6800GT and the X850XT PE but the benchmarks spoke for themselves and the reviewers didn't find the new ATi "daddy" all that powerful (to what ATi are claiming at least) and it did rival the 7800GTX in all games by only 2 or 3 fps difference, in fact in one test the X850XT PE (the current ATi bad boy) beat the new X1800XT by 1fps..

These benchmarks from ATi on Page 1 of this thread are padded plane and simple.

Heres the Link to the site: http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1813/

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1813/

That site hates ATi and they sound like a bunch of biased morons;

So what does the R520 architecture bring to the table exactly? For starters it is not the 32-pipeline architecture it has been rumored to be, it is half that, offering just 16-pipelines, which is less than NVIDIA?s G70 architecture that has 24.
With more pipelines, 24 vs. 16, the GeForce 7800 GT and GTX should have the advantage here.

Most people who know anything about computer will know number pipelines =! performance, but in this article they make it seem that way.

[quotThe numbers you see reflected in the next few pages are therefore provided AS IS, as we have no way to verify them as we don?t physically have a board, they are accurate as far as we can see and in line what we?ve been expecting. So without further ado, let?s take a look at what the R520 architecture is capable ofe of.

Well ATI sure kept us waiting, but it will finally be introduced this month, the R520 architecture, the successor to the X800 family of graphics cards and a contender for the 3D graphics throne. But why wait for that introduction when you can have a sneak peek today? Normally we would?ve adhered to ATI?s NDA and published results the moment it expired. However this time around ATI decided to just not bother with us as they made it very clear that we did not make we have written some articles about CrossFire, R520 and ATI?s financial situation that were apparently not appreciated.preciated. Hence we?ve not been briefed by ATI, nor did we sign an NDA, or have been invited to the launch event, so basically they decided to cut us off.

Unfortunately for ATI we have other sources to get detailed information from, for example the board partners that will be manufacturing and selling the majority of these new graphics cards. Obviously because we?re not bound by any NDA or other agreement with ATI we?ve worked hard to get you some benchmark results prior to the launch which is scheduled for the end of this month. To ATI we?d like to comment that it is a two-way street really, we?d like to be briefed about your products and have early access to them, if that requirement is met we will have no issues with signing and adhering to NDAs. By cutting us off however we?ve just been given a new incentive to work harder to break the news when we get a chance, in our usual no holds barred fashion.

To me this site is of a NVIDIA FANBOY he dosent have a real board he his pulling crap out of his ass.

YEs I did act like a Ati fanboy also and believed their specs, but a company cannot lie about ther card perfoming almost 2x then its competior theri must be some truth to those specs, unless ofcourse they also are fakes.

If ATI could, why not add more pipes? Something screwy with that 90nm process? :rolleyes:

586614190[/snapback]

:no: Dude, if the benchmarks are true, does it look like it needs the extra pipes? Use common sense next time. Not to mention that a 32 pipe version could be made -- and cost about $1200 each. :blink:

:no: Dude, if the benchmarks are true, does it look like it needs the extra pipes? Use common sense next time. Not to mention that a 32 pipe version could be made -- and cost about $1200 each. :blink:

586614297[/snapback]

That's assuming they made it that efficient just off 16 pipes. Until some real reviews come in, those don't mean ****.

do you guys feel depressed after buying a next generation video card just to have another one out perform it released the following month?

586612515[/snapback]

good thing that I don't otherwise, i'd feel a little depressed.

it's like buying a nice laser level/stud finder, just to find out a month later, Mastercraft has a better one. :blink: :laugh:

Ofcourse companies make up some stats but maybe it is expected 5-10% advantage over their rival is reasonable, But these stats show that that ATI hav completly ****ed up the 7800 and Look at the FEAR SP stats it almost doubles in performance a big company like ATi can not simply pull **** like that out of its ass without some real tests.

586613264[/snapback]

They exaggerate. Besides, we don't know the conditions of the test ATI took. They might have picked out a scene where NVIDIA is slower due to differences in architecture. NVIDIA could do the same and pick a scene where ATI was in trouble and voila! We have 80% more powerful NVIDIA card compared to ATI card. And yes, companies can make up these kind of figures. Both NVIDIA and ATI do.

A site got a pre-production model of the new ATi card and if the actual shipping product offers the same performance as the card these guys got a hold of then I'm sorry but ATi are just liars.

I am no fanboy owning both the 6800GT and the X850XT PE but the benchmarks spoke for themselves and the reviewers didn't find the new ATi "daddy" all that powerful (to what ATi are claiming at least) and it did rival the 7800GTX in all games by only 2 or 3 fps difference, in fact in one test the X850XT PE (the current ATi bad boy) beat the new X1800XT by 1fps..

These benchmarks from ATi on Page 1 of this thread are padded plane and simple.

Heres the Link to the site: http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1813/

586613294[/snapback]

Sander Sassen wasnt invited to ATI's launch party at Ibiza, that article is now hailed as the death of his journalistic integrity. :) In short, those benchmarks were fake. :D

btw is crossfire still limited to 1600x1200? with these new cards?

586614617[/snapback]

Crossfire on these cards doesnt have that limitation.