How much does your internet connection cost?

How much does your internet connection cost?  

594 members have voted

1. 1. How much does your internet connection cost?

• Less than 20 $ USD / Month
    • 20-40 $ USD / Month
    • 40-60 $ USD / Month
    • 60-80 $ USD / Month
    • 80-100 $ USD / Month
    • 100-120 $ USD / Month
    • More than 120 $ USD / Month
    • I'm on a modem with a price / minute.
    • The price depends on how much bandwidth I use.
    • It's free where I live.

I have 512kb down and 256up ADSL in the uk its 17.99 a month, i know i could get more for the same price but theres no download caps, not that i download that much at the moment

1. USD $114.50 + 3 GB CAP - Calculated taking into account upload and download, international + local. Then you get "soft capped". Starting from 1 Nov, you will get HARD CAPPED.

2. 512/256

3. South Africa

1. $29? 12gig cap, slowed to 64k after

2. 512/128

3. Sydney, Australia

Australia is so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to ADSL/Broadband, its not funny. The big telecommunications companies (Telstra and Optus) have a strangled hold on the lines and so currently atmo, the phone lines at the exchanges can only do 1.5mbs.

Some ISP's have installed their own hardware at the exchanges and run ADSL2 which is anywhere up to 8mbs down, 2mb up. This is ok, but the prices isnt feasible right now.

Whens it comes to ISPs, Australia does seriously suck. Prices high, and speeds slow. Even wireless is expensive.

586621557[/snapback]

You think that Australia is slow ??? Try South Africa. We are supposedly an "emerging market" but we have a MONOPOLY when it comes to telecoms.

Only one. "Telkom". They suck !!!!

Telkom suck SO much. Their reason for the 3GB cap is because international bandwidth is so expensive.

MyADSL Forum say, "Cap our international usage to 64K after we have done 3GB of international usage per month. BUT leave our local (cheap) bandwidth alone. Don't cap that. Don't limit that."

O well... Rest of my Rant on my homepage... Attempting to inform South African ADSL users about the change in Telkoms capping methods come 1 Nov 2005.

They are being SOOOO secret about the whole thing.

Our government have even launched an investigation into internet access and telkom, they say telkom sucks. Must change their ways.

Telkom says no.

President Thabo Mbeki[/u]> labeled the rates charge on fixed lines telephony in South Africa as?unacceptable?? in his State of the Nation address in February. Referring to the deregulation process, he >?Bold steps have been taken further to liberalise the telecommunications industry. We believe that the unacceptable situation in which some of our fixed line ra>ten times those of developed (OECD) countrieries will soon become a thing of the past,st,? said the president.

Regarding the formation and setting up of a second national operator (SNO), Mb>?We also hope that the delays in setting up the second national operator, arising from legal processes which are beyond government's control, will be resolved in due course, and as soon as possible.ssible.?

When w>11 February 200ruary 2005. What has happened thus far? Nothing.

Unfortunately >236 dayb>236 days since the promise was made.

Edited by RazorSA

I get internet, TV, and phone all through one company.

Internet - ~$45 / month (no caps, wicked fast)

Cable - ~$45 / month (like 900 channels, it's awesome)

Phone - ~$35 / month (unlimited local and long distance anywhere in U.S. - that's all I need :p)

Yeah, so it's definitely awesome. Since I have all of those I get discounts here and there. :p

5mb connection comcast In the Usa,California , I pay 29.99 But right now Im on a deal for 6 monthes only 19.99 :D