Annoying Ads - Yahoo joins the club

So, I wake up this morning, ready to read my comics. I open up IE, My Yahoo comes up, as it is set as my home page. And what do I see? One of those VERY annoying flash pop-unders (with even more annoying sound). So, looks like yahoo's joined the "fun"...

Just so you know running a website isnt FREE !!!

You have to pay for bandwidth and space......... which is damn expensive.............

People who surf the web dont realise the huge costs involved..... they just happily surf around ... and are to lazy to Right click >> open in new window to support their favourite websites...... I mean its not difficult or time consumeing.

Advertiseing basically keeps the web free....... there would be a lot less sites around if advertiseing wasnt around ................

So click the banners ... lets keep the web FREE......

People dont want advertiseing on their sites its more of a have to have it......

If yahoo doesnt get some $$$ soon thats the end of yahoo...... simple as that.............

True, but they will lose visitors because of these pop-ups (I never visit sites with pop-ups unless I really have to)

Losing visitors means less revenue from the advertisements.

If they go down the drain , so be it (survival of the fittest)

I don't think any site (free or not) should force me to go to a new site I don't want to go to (let alone blast sound through my speakers I never asked for).

I hear ya redmark.....

i hate it too ........ popup killers are a great tool :)

this site seems lucky enough not to have to resort to some form of advertiseing .... your host must be good

A friend of mine runs an excellent site, his account allows 5GB of data a month ..

he doesnt host any files yet the bandwith use = 100GB the only way to keep his site alive is by asking the users to support the sponsor

which i really dont think is to much to ask to click on a banner ....

i personally feel people are getting to used to getting things for nothing ... so a click on a banner is asking to much :D

Im just concerned that in a few years we will be in the forums here at neowin saying "remeber the days when it was free to visit websites"

hehheeheheee

:dead: