When was the last time you reformatted?

gameknb

Just wondering and I'm bored but when was the last time you did a reformat and fresh install? I did a couple days ago. Hate doing it, takes too long and is sometimes a hassle. :pinch:

_I am Reptar

Doesn't take long at all for me.

Just did it a few days ago.

Format = few min

Windows instal = 10min(love nlite)

Blaine

Back in July, but that was because I built a new system :ninja:

gameknb
Doesn't take long at all for me.

Just did it a few days ago.

Format = few min

Windows instal = 10min(love nlite)

586628470[/snapback]

do you do a quick format or full?

G4M3R

It must be getting close to 2 years for me. I'm thinking about doing it again this xmas when I'm on holiday.

So much stuff to backup first :(

.weir

Umm, sometime around June or July, I'll prob get around to another on Christmas break . . . to think I used to do it monthly

santiagof4

Back in march... I built a new PC

bangbang023

November 2003. I work dilegently to keep my system running as cleanly as possible.

GoogleNinja

Never. Don't need to... OS X just keeps going.

lunamonkey

XP installed on 25/05/2005 21:29:52, so reformatted about 1 hour before that.

+Ely

I don't remember ever reformatting this PC, I just upgraded from XP Home to XP Pro when I got it back in like in January 2003 I believe, I take much care of not doing stupid things or installing weird software so my XP is always running smoothly. Is there a way to know for how long has windows been installed on a machine?

_I am Reptar
do you do a quick format or full?

586628483[/snapback]

Full.

60gb drive

ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm

when i got new pc, pfft pre-installed crap. ;)

JRosenfeld

Never over a period of about 20 years cumulative. Every four or five years I get a new PC usually with the next generation of Windows, (after that has been out for some time, so the next one will be with Windows Vista in 2007/8 I suppose).

Keeping the system clean through regular maintenance, I have never noticed any performance loss. I do back up data to DVD, but have never bothered with imaging software (can't remember when I last had a BSOD, but never with XP, which is my current OS).

texdragon

About 3.5 weeks ago when I uninstalled Vista. I didn't even enjoy Vista that much. I reformatted baecause I installed over my old partition on purpose before hand.

Fragmaster

Since January 2003 so for quite a while, running Windows XP. :)

Brandon

March i think?

I keep my system reasonabally clean so...

ThunderRiver

Based on my systeminfo

The last time I installed the system was

Original Install Date: 9/25/2004, 5:05:07 PM

Very soon, I am going for another reformat.. just cuz I beta test a tons of Microsoft stuff.. and the system gets screwy after awhile.

toadeater
Just wondering and I'm bored but when was the last time you did a reformat and fresh install? I did a couple days ago. Hate doing it, takes too long and is sometimes a hassle. :pinch:

586628465[/snapback]

IceBrewedBeer

Doing it now. =D Last time was a year ago. I do it like every 6 months. My PC is used for gaming, plus after a fresh format it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

russellc

a week ago i think..it was really making me angry. it was giving me some random bsod, and i really had a programming project to do for the next day. so i formatted it and reinstalled windows finally. the last time i did it was when i built the pc, which was about 2 years ago (september, 03)

EDIT: wait, that was when i first installed. i guess the first full reformat/reinstall would have to be the week ago.

good thing i have all my files/docs/etc kept on my other drives/partitions. or else i'd be one angry fellow at this point. its still a bitch to have suddenly lost 2 years worth of randomly installed programs :p ..the placebo effect is wonderful though :D

Malbojia

Last time I changed motherboard. Which was june lol. Different chipset = BSOD's then xp repairs to fix the ata controller = more bsod's

turkishdelight

A few months after I built this rig (I had about 5 operating systems shoved in there, and I only needed one or two). Never since.