Logitech G15 Keyboard

damn, you beat me to it..

logitech sent me this because my wireless duo keyboard had broken.

i was a little shocked when they told me what they were sending me to replace it, but it showed up today!

so, anyone out there with a logitech duo, call and says its broken, they'll ship you this one free!

damn, you beat me to it..

logitech sent me this because my wireless duo keyboard had broken.

i was a little shocked when they told me what they were sending me to replace it, but it showed up today!

so, anyone out there with a logitech duo, call and says its broken, they'll ship you this one free!

586665445[/snapback]

I'd be pleasantly shocked too!

I love the new logitech keyboards with the laptop keys, I use my thinkpad most of the time, but when I am on a desktop, I type much slower and feel less comfortable with those large bulky keys.

I love the new logitech keyboards with the laptop keys, I use my thinkpad most of the time, but when I am on a desktop, I type much slower and feel less comfortable with those large bulky keys.

586678200[/snapback]

I do like the way the keys feel on my 1 1/2 old HP NX6125 laptop, but I however am more comfortable typing on a desktop style keyboard I like the travel, and the soft less audible clicks this keyboard my Eclipse gave. I can also type better with a desktop keyboard I can write an entire paragraph(8-9 sentence) by touch typing. With the laptop however I find myself looking down more because I'm not used to the key response some of it is also attributed to the layout since I've never owned a desktop keyboard with laptop style scissor keys I can't comment on that.

November according to computeralliance.com.au

586678189[/snapback]

Did you see on the news? Customs installed a new computer software package costing 200million AUD and it has bugs :angry: :angry: :angry: Now in every port around Australia, cargo ships with cargo earmarked for christmas sales are being sent back as custom screwed up big time and have a HUGE backlog of containers at ports. :angry: :angry: Lets just hope and pray that a container full of G15's and G7's arrived.

I hate Australia's abnormally exspensive tech prices and I especially hate Customs for not phasing a 200million dollar system, who just changes the whole system over in one go without doing a trial first. :angry:

Back on topic lol, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish this keyboard was ergonomic :cry: I'm having the hardest time choosing between Ergonomic KB and the G15. Hmmmmmmm

I did actually. I only caught about half the article, thought it was QLD only, didnt realise its Australia wide. Pretty terrible hey, the government was warned it would happen too. *sigh*, I really do feel sorry for us in Australia, great place but when it comes to IT and its infrastructure we are just so behind in so many ways.

and yeah on topic....I'm now getting this keyboard for xmas (assuming it can get into the country lol)

My LCD goes away from time to time (everything disappears) Did anybody experienced something like this?

I have to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in again in order to info reappear.

TAIA

My LCD goes away from time to time (everything disappears) Did anybody experienced something like this?

I have to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in again in order to info reappear.

TAIA

586717148[/snapback]

Yeah mine does that as well wierd I wonder when we'll get some updated software to fix some of these bugs.

Back on topic lol, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish this keyboard was ergonomic  :cry:  I'm having the hardest time choosing between Ergonomic KB and the G15. Hmmmmmmm

586703687[/snapback]

Well, it really depends on your liking. I now use a Natural Keyboard Pro and have grown to like it. The only problem I have with it is that it's too massive. If that were my main concern I'd quickly pick up the G15 for an upgrade.

Also that new Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard has troubles of the letter N being larger that the enter key. I find that quite stupid and the space bar is too small for anybody's liking. The button placing is just mish mashed... I could hardly recommend it to anyone. The G15 has lights underneath the keyboard!!!

I use this keyboard at work and it's really cool...

I'd pick one up if it'd fit on my keyboard tray...haha

586717428[/snapback]

Which keyboard are you talking about Ahfunaki the Microsoft one or the Logitech. I presume the microsoft because the logitech at work would be pretty weird.

You know that's a terrible keyboard to get. It's a misconception and almost false advertisement. Most of you are judging the keyboard from what you see and what you read. Take it from me a day owner of that keyboard that the LCD is useless unless backed up by the software or programs to run it. Now maybe in a year this keyboard could be something but if you buy it today do not expect a whole lot. Currently only 2 games are supported by this keyboard the new Brothers in Arms and the Sims 2. Do you play either of those games? ANd no this will not do anything special for your other games at least the LCD. Yes you can program the G keys for your needs but other then that this keyboard has nothing to do specfically with any game. I'm a HUGE BF2 player and rank at 47 overall in the whole game and as soon as I found out that it did not support the most popular game currently at date I was dissaponted and returned it 12 horus later. For 80 dollars you should have immediate results not some stupid clock and date, or information about CPU usage. Yes CPU usage is nice to know but do you really need to know about in game? SO your PC is running at 100 percent and your ram is going to melt through your desk, knowing this stuff while in game is uesless, in windows where you can do something just hit CTRL ALT DELETE and you'll get the same info. If you have cash to burn and just want something fansy or flashy on your desk get this now. Again, in a year we might have something here but right now I see nothing worth 80 dollars.

I love the keyboard, but, i have to agree that it is dissapointing that there aren't more programs supporting the LCD.

But, I do like that I can see the CPU and MEM ussage in game. But, i'd love to see FPS,. etc.

Maybe someone who can code can make some homebrew stuff that works

assuming your getting it for games. I bet alot and reading alot of post here people want it for media player, clock, system info ect. I think that stuff does have a purpose in a game, more so than anything any game info could tell you since the LCD really shoudlnt be something you are looking at at all while playing a game so any critical info should be on the monitor. A huge portion of people probably have the same OEM keyboard they they got with their computer, I dont think its really a waste of money, its an impressive unit depending on what you expect because in the end of the day its still only a keyboard.

I duno, but what were ppl expecting the LCD to show? it sounds suited to strategy games, not FPS where if you blink your dead.

side note. its debatable whether BF2 is the most popular title currently, very debatable. :p

You know that's a terrible keyboard to get. It's a misconception and almost false advertisement. Most of you are judging the keyboard from what you see and what you read. Take it from me a day owner of that keyboard that the LCD is useless unless backed up by the software or programs to run it. Now maybe in a year this keyboard could be something but if you buy it today do not expect a whole lot. Currently only 2 games are supported by this keyboard the new Brothers in Arms and the Sims 2. Do you play either of those games? ANd no this will not do anything special for your other games at least the LCD. Yes you can program the G keys for your needs but other then that this keyboard has nothing to do specfically with any game. I'm a HUGE BF2 player and rank at 47 overall in the whole game and as soon as I found out that it did not support the most popular game currently at date I was dissaponted and returned it 12 horus later. For 80 dollars you should have immediate results not some stupid clock and date, or information about CPU usage. Yes CPU usage is nice to know but do you really need to know about in game? SO your PC is running at 100 percent and your ram is going to melt through your desk, knowing this stuff while in game is uesless, in windows where you can do something just hit CTRL ALT DELETE and you'll get the same info. If you have cash to burn and just want something fansy or flashy on your desk get this now. Again, in a year we might have something here but right now I see nothing worth 80 dollars.

586721986[/snapback]

Well, LCD is quite useless I agree but it's quite an amazing technology, if anything, innovative. I can't wait for the "G20" to come out with a wireless option. I can see what mp3 tracks I'll be playing from my bed and type rubbish on my screen when Im sleeping.

Well, LCD is quite useless I agree but it's quite an amazing technology, if anything, innovative. I can't wait for the "G20" to come out with a wireless option. I can see what mp3 tracks I'll be playing from my bed and type rubbish on my screen when Im sleeping.

586722400[/snapback]

Have you looked at the Logitech diNovo range? They've been out for at least a year with the LCD on a Bluetooth media pad so you can do what you described plus much more...

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...&categoryid=417

Possibly the best thing about the diNovo range is the appearance, doesn't look gaudy and geeky like the G15; it would look perfectly at home at any desk from the 1337 kid's to the richest CEO's shiny mahogany.

Having said that, I'm going for the MX 5000 which is 2/3 the price. :p

Have you looked at the Logitech diNovo range? They've been out for at least a year with the LCD on a Bluetooth media pad so you can do what you described plus much more...

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...&categoryid=417

Possibly the best thing about the diNovo range is the appearance, doesn't look gaudy and geeky like the G15; it would look perfectly at home at any desk from the 1337 kid's to the richest CEO's shiny mahogany.

Having said that, I'm going for the MX 5000 which is 2/3 the price. :p

586722580[/snapback]

Yeah, I've seen that one, but it's hella expensive! It costs an arm and a leg! Not to mention a third leg to add on to it... I guess Im just waiting until Logitech and other keyboard manufacturers get it right and finally sell standalone wireless keyboards of a decent range!!!

586722400[/snapback]

serious theres a G20 arriving...I may wait for that then...

serious theres a G20 arriving...I may wait for that then...

586725733[/snapback]

haha, that was an assumption, but Im sure it will come out. Just like after the G5 came the G7.

Which keyboard are you talking about Ahfunaki the Microsoft one or the Logitech. I presume the microsoft because the logitech at work would be pretty weird.

586717953[/snapback]

Actually I was talking about the G15. We have one setup on a computer to show customers...

I really like it though...