My Defense of Hip-Hop...

Man, this is getting ridiculous. Please please please don't talk about something you have no idea about. I was going to call out names but I will keep the peace.:p

Anyways, as always, whenever I bring up Kanye West or any other rapper, people get offended and call him a racist because of his comments about pres Bush. Now I enjoy Neowin, seriously. But there are some idiots on here. Me personally, if I don't know about something, I research and find out about it. The TRUTH about it, not what is said on TV. Now some people like Evil...nevermind, think that Kanye is an idiot that is not a good role model for kids. Now, historically, Rock icons have sold WAY more than rappers. Time to show you people why...

Now as far as rappers being disrespectful to their parents, blah blah blah . The WORSE thing I heard a rapper say besides Eminem (Raping & killing his mom), is Cam'ron. The lyrics are as follows...

"Come on home with me/where my mother found my crack platter/threw it away so I snapped at her/back slapped her/she picked up a bat like McGuire for that matter/hit me, but I was back at her."

Now I listen to ALOT of rap music and that's the worst I can find besides Eminem.

Now explain this, one of the biggest ROCK groups of all time, "role models" that no one ever talks about, says this:

The super group, Metallica, in the song "Jump In the Fire", commands young people to jump into hell:

"Follow me now my child . . .

DO JUST AS I SAY . . .

Jump by your will or be taken by force

I'll get you either way . . .

So reach down grab my hand walk with me through the land

COME HOME WHERE YOU BELONG

So come on JUMP IN THE FIRE."

In the cover song, "The Prince", Metallica openly sing:

"Angel from below . . .

I WISH TO SELL MY SOUL . . .

DEVIL TAKE MY SOUL

with diamonds you repay

I don't care for heaven

so don't you look for me to cry

AND I WILL BURN IN HELL

from the day I die."

Rock star, Marilyn Manson, proudly boasts:

"Hopefully, I?ll be remembered as the person who brought an end to Christianity." (Spin, August 1996, p. 34)

Manson, an ordained "reverend" in the Church of Satan, mutilates himself on stage (1 Kings 18:28), rips-up the Holy Bible, and spews "blasphemies" against the Lord Jesus Christ. Manson?s T-Shirts declare, "KILL YOUR PARENTS" & "I ? SATAN". Manson claims his album Antichrist Superstar came via "supernatural-inspiration":

"I heard this album as finished, I heard it in dreams . . . It was like the revelations of John the Baptist or something." (huH, Oct. 1996, p.34)

Manson?s "hope" for Antichrist Superstar,:

"I think every time people listen to this new album maybe God will be destroyed in their heads. . ." (huH, Oct. 1996, p.37)

Manson?s "blasphemy" is not just an act. Manson readily admitts there's more to the show than meets the eye:

I don?t know if anyone has really understood what we?re trying to do. This isn?t just about shock value . . . that?s just there to lure the people in. Once we?ve got ?em we can give ?em our MESSAGE. (Hit Parader, Oct. 1996, p.28)

Manson admits his childhood longing for Satan:

My mom used to tell me when I was a kid, ?If you curse at nighttime, the devil?s going to come to you when you?re sleeping.? I used to get excited because I really wanted it to happen . . . I wanted it. I wanted it more than anything . . .(Rolling Stone, January, 23, 1997 p.52)

Twisted Sister sings, "Burn in Hell":

"Welcome to the abandoned land

COME ON IN CHILD, TAKE MY HAND

Here there's no work or play

Only one bill to pay

There's just five words to say

As you go down, down, down

YOU'RE GONNA BURN IN HELL!"

Bon Jovi sings in "Homebound Train":

"When I was just a boy

THE DEVIL TOOK MY HAND

Took me from my home

He made me a man . . .

I'm going DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN

On the homebound train."

In Smash Hits magazine, Bon Jovi says:

" . . . I'd kill my mother for rock and roll. I WOULD SELL MY SOUL."

Source

My point is, STOP TARGETING RAP MUSIC. IT DOES NOT TELL PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES OR JOIN SATAN.

Now on another note, not to make this a race issue, but it does correlate based on music preference. Whites are more likely to commit suicide than blacks...

Source Think what you want, but statistically whites are more prone to mental instability. When was the last time you saw a black serial killer? Seriously. I know it sounds like a joke but for real. When was the last time a kid listening to rap music cut his parents heads off because Jay-Z said so?

Now go out and find some "bad" facts about rap music...

I'll read it now. I thought you was gonna do something to get you banned :p

And you've reminded me, I still need to buy that album.

And whatever's C-Squarez said here, although I havn't read it yet, I probably agree.

edit: I totally agree c-squarez. Also, one of Led zeppelins songs sings prayers to satans when you play it backwards. I've reversed the song in audacity to check this and it is really there. This is a song listened to by millions of people, it's one of my dad's favourite songs, but why was there the need to put in prayers to satan?

Edited by Sens

I know all music has bad seeds, but at least rap is based on reality. I hae heard stories of exec's killing themselves because they lost cell phones.. LMAO!! I love being "black" and coming from a poor family. It keeps me grounded in reality. I have a grip on things. When I am broke, I dont stress it and drown 5 of my kids one by one. :laugh: I am glad to be who I am. Keep hating rap music and bashing Kayne, I would let my child listen to him talk about drugs & sex before I let him/her listen to songs about devil worship! Haha! Don't speak about Kanye unless you know something besides whats on TV...

lol...

man, I agree with everything you said, but really hip-hop and the essence of hip-hop in itself can stand up for itself. Nothing you say to people who don't respect hip hop will change anything. People who don't know the roots and can't understand the pain and torment that started it all will never appreciate hiphop.

lol...

man, I agree with everything you said, but really hip-hop and the essence of hip-hop in itself can stand up for itself. Nothing you say to people who don't respect hip hop will change anything. People who don't know the roots and can't understand the pain and torment that started it all will never appreciate hiphop.

586643623[/snapback]

I know man, that's what irks me. They bash rap so much and don't understand that they are brainwashed by the Media. Man, I am not saying anyone is perfect but damn. They need to chill out on it man.

I was just listening to Nas and he has this hook on this song "God Love Us":

God love us hood << racial epithet >>s/cause next to jesus on the cross was the crook << racial epithet >>s/and the killers/God love us hood << racial epithet >>s/cause on the street is the hood << racial epithet >>s/and I know he feel us

God love us hood << racial epithet >>s/cause he be with us in the prisons and he take time to listen/God love us hood << racial epithet >>s/cause on the cross was the crook << racial epithet >>s/but he forgive us.

That is as real as it gets. That is the root of hip-hop. Overcoming adversity to make it. Well, not the root, but its nice..:p

45 views and nothing yet? Come on hip-hop haters! I have an arsenal awaiting you.

Nah but for real, I need to educate you people. Because you fear what you don't understand. You hate rap becasue you dont understand it. Rap is identified with black people rather you want to believe it or not. So... I think you can figure out the rest.

45 views and nothing yet? Come on hip-hop haters! I have an arsenal awaiting you.

Nah but for real, I need to educate you people. Because you fear what you don't understand. You hate rap becasue you dont understand it. Rap is identified with black people rather you want to believe it or not. So... I think you can figure out the rest.

586643732[/snapback]

And english people (like eminem) who IMO don't understand rap and just want to talk fast and appear cool.

I don't listen to rap alot, but I like alot of it. Except eminem, I can't stand his ...*nice thoughts* rubbish.

hip hop's associated with black people, but right now I think nobody's representing hip hop more than a white guy - Sage Francis. He vents through his music the way he wants to, be it deep, humorous, whatever. He has nothing to prove and never strives to be a best seller, he's living hiphop, he is doing what he loves to vent his frustrations. That is what hip hop is about.

I hate rap because CD for CD it has a much higher trash to quality ratio than any other genre. Seriousely, you can quote Manson, but the thing is when a rock artist acts like a retard and ****es on the crowd or talks about raping people and murder most people who like the genre trash it. Manson was shock rock, but in rap he'd be like an opening act.

Then you flip it over to rap and it's all good, that's about the norm. Yeah there's good rap, but by and large it's polluted with crap as a genre it's ****.

hip hop's associated with black people, but right now I think nobody's representing hip hop more than a white guy - Sage Francis. He vents through his music the way he wants to, be it deep, humorous, whatever. He has nothing to prove and never strives to be a best seller, he's living hiphop, he is doing what he loves to vent his frustrations. That is what hip hop is about.

586643769[/snapback]

If you havent discover Immortal Tecnique, then i suggest you check him out. His lyrics and raw reality is insane. Record labels offered him deals but they wanted him to tone down his lyrics, he was like :angry:

" So if your message aint shi*t F the record you sold, cause if you go platium its got nothing to do with luck it just means a million people are stupid as F.

Edited by Nokturrnal

To me, hiphop stopped being hip hop when biggie and pac died and puff daddy took over.

but then again i mostly just stook to northern California bay area artists.

And english people (like eminem) who IMO don't understand rap and just want to talk fast and appear cool.

I don't listen to rap alot, but I like alot of it. Except eminem, I can't stand his ...*nice thoughts* rubbish.

586643763[/snapback]

I feel you on that. Eminem is a GREAT rapper but he is a gimmic. Like Ja Rule once said:

"And Em is the durag for?/you neva gonna have waves/you'll neva understand black pain"

586643769[/snapback]

True, that is what hip-hop is all about.

I feel you on that. Eminem is a GREAT rapper but he is a gimmic. Like Ja Rule once said:

"And Em is the durag for?/you neva gonna have waves/you'll neva understand black pain"

True, that is what hip-hop is all about.

586643793[/snapback]

Ja rule was a joke and always has been a joke, screw him.

I hate rap because CD for CD it has a much higher trash to quality ratio than any other genre.  Seriousely, you can quote Manson, but the thing is when a rock artist acts like a retard and ****es on the crowd or talks about raping people and murder most people who like the genre trash it.  Manson was shock rock, but in rap he'd be like an opening act. 

Then you flip it over to rap and it's all good, that's about the norm.  Yeah there's good rap, but by and large it's polluted with crap as a genre it's ****.

586643794[/snapback]

^ You are referring to mainstream rap..very little of the hip-hop i listen to is garbage..my 2 cents..

I hate rap because CD for CD it has a much higher trash to quality ratio than any other genre.  Seriousely, you can quote Manson, but the thing is when a rock artist acts like a retard and ****es on the crowd or talks about raping people and murder most people who like the genre trash it.  Manson was shock rock, but in rap he'd be like an opening act. 

Then you flip it over to rap and it's all good, that's about the norm.  Yeah there's good rap, but by and large it's polluted with crap as a genre it's ****.

586643794[/snapback]

Trash? Says you? Manson, Metalica, Ozzy, whatever. You are listening to the wrong rap. AS much as you hate it, rap is based on reality. Like I said before, Crack is out and about, Sex happens, so does murder. But I have never heard a rapper talk about wishing to see the devil at night! Haha!!

Ja rule was a joke and always has been a joke, screw him.

586643801[/snapback]

Ja is the truth! LOL, 50 just destroyed him...

Man, alot of people say that rappers are nothing but idiots that only care about fancy homes and nice cars! LMAO!! You know what kills me, CEO's of respectable do the SAME THING. They spend millions on ONE car, but a rpper does it he is an idiot. I think I am the only one that see's that these fat corporate pigs are stealing money from the companies they work for. Now tell me, who does more damage? A rapper that curses or a CEO that steals money form his employees? LOL, damn people, GET A CLUE!!!

I have nothing against hip hop,I grew up with the original hip hop and breakdancing when it was massive in the 1980's.Was completely different than it is today.

Every Saturday afternoon we'd all meet up in town.The lads would bring boom boxes and mats and we'd setup in the indoor shopping arcade.

There must have been at least 30-40 of us week after week and it was one of the best times of mty life :D

No need to look for the devil when you're doing his work. :)

Anyways I think you're missing my take on it. In the rock world groups like that are not the "norm", yes they get popular, but thier acts are considered wild(manson, Ozzy, Rammstein) and most parents didn't want thier kids listening to it. Further I'd rather some guy bark at the moon, or look for the devil, than trying to imitate the common rap artist by slapping hos, or trying to kill someone.

My big thing is that music now, is out to exploit children. Emo and teeny bopper music is guilty of this as well, but I'd much rather my kid imitate a whiny bitch than imitate someone singing about killing people. The adults can listen to whatever the hell they want. Personally from a skill and quality standpoint I also think rap sucks, but that's personal taste.

The "scene" is pathetic, buncha guys rap battling each other unfolding like a day time soap opera, and I'm supposed to think so and so's got skills because he dissed someone good in a song, whatever. The whole thing reeks of immaturity. It's like the WWF on a global scale, except you don't have to be in any kind of shape to participate.

I have nothing against hip hop,I grew up with the original hip hop and breakdancing when it was massive in the 1980's.Was completely different than it is today.

Every Saturday afternoon we'd all meet up in town.The lads would bring boom boxes and mats and we'd setup in the indoor shopping arcade.

There must have been at least 30-40 of us week after week and it was one of the best times of mty life  :D

586643878[/snapback]

That's when it was fun. I was born in the 80's so I can't say I remember that. But nowadays it speaks of reality. Take the news for example, there is hardly anything good going on but people watch it. I have seen crack sales. I saw my 1st murder at 11 years old. I saw the lady stretched out on the floor brains all gone. This stuff is reality. But the people that have been sheltered all their lives won't understand. Get out of the suburbs and get over to my world in Brooklyn NY. Bedstuy. Live a day in my OLD life and Im only 20. I know more than half the 30-40 year olds on this site and im only 20. Life is NOT great and not everyone has a good environment. I am ashamed when I look on the news sometimes, but then I realize that people think they are right because they were brought up in a certain environment. So they wont change. It's sad but true. It's like the guy on here that said he was racist from birth. He REALLY believes that he was BORN racist. LMAO!! SMH...

The "scene" is pathetic, buncha guys rap battling each other unfolding like a day time soap opera, and I'm supposed to think so and so's got skills because he dissed someone good in a song, whatever.  The whole thing reeks of immaturity.  It's like the WWF on a global scale, except you don't have to be in any kind of shape to participate.

586643887[/snapback]

Freestyles and hip-hop/rap song contains metaphors, similes, and analogies. If you dont understand then how can you appreciate?!

No need to look for the devil when you're doing his work.  :)

Anyways I think you're missing my take on it.  In the rock world groups like that are not the "norm", yes they get popular, but thier acts are considered wild(manson, Ozzy, Rammstein) and most parents didn't want thier kids listening to it.  Further I'd rather some guy bark at the moon, or look for the devil, than trying to imitate the common rap artist by slapping hos, or trying to kill someone.

My big thing is that music now, is out to exploit children.  Emo and teeny bopper music is guilty of this as well, but I'd much rather my kid imitate a whiny bitch than imitate someone singing about killing people.  The adults can listen to whatever the hell they want.  Personally from a skill and quality standpoint I also think rap sucks, but that's personal taste. 

The "scene" is pathetic, buncha guys rap battling each other unfolding like a day time soap opera, and I'm supposed to think so and so's got skills because he dissed someone good in a song, whatever.  The whole thing reeks of immaturity.  It's like the WWF on a global scale, except you don't have to be in any kind of shape to participate.

586643887[/snapback]

You are serious right? :laugh: Man you watch too many movies. Domestic violence is everywhere. I have not seen a "hoe" get slapped yet! HAHAHA!!! Man, yall really crack me up. For real, it made me laugh. We grew up on jokes and chillin man. Thats US. Someone snaps at you you snap back. It makes you a tougher person. LOL, we wont go shoot up work because we got fired. So YEAH if someone disses someone else in a rap it's gonna be funny. We are used to the jokes, you will never understand. As far as skill, make up a rap now, off the top. You can't. So it takes alot of skill...

WOW, I JUST FOUND A NICE SONG FOR YOU!! IMMA POST THE LYRICS!!

Freestyles and hip-hop/rap song contains metaphors, similes, and analogies. If you dont understand then how can you appreciate?!

586643891[/snapback]

He can't...

Artist: Nas

Album: Stillmatic

Song: Rule

Typed by: Khadafi662@aol.com

[talking]

Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Nas, uh, yo, yo

Life, they wonder, can they take me under?

Nah, never that, nah, yo, yo

I come from the housin tenement buildings

Unlimited killings, menaces marked for death

Better known as the projects where junkies and rock heads dwell

Though I owe to it my success

With survival of the fittest, everyday is a chal'

I would think I'm a part of U.S.A. and be proud

Confronted with racism, started to feel foreign

Like, the darker you are the realer your problems

I reached for the stars but I just kept slippin

On this life mission, never know what's next

Ancient kings from Egypt, up to Julius Cezar

Had a piece of the globe, every continent

Yo, there's Asia, Africa, Europe, France, Japan

Pakistan, America, Afghanstan

Yo, there's Protestants, Jews, Blacks, Arabics

Call a truce, world peace, stop actin like savages

No war, we should take time and think

The bombs and tanks makes mankind extinct

But since the beginning of time it's been men with arms fightin

Lost lives in the Towers and Pentagon, why then?

Must it go on, we must stop the killin

Tell me why we die, we all God's children

[Chorus - Female singing, Nas in background]

World is hating, that's forever (uh, c'mon)

It's time that we stand together (yeah, for the world)

Everybody wants to rule the world (what, what, what, what, what, c'mon)

World (peace), world (peace), world (peace), world

Yo, there's brothers on the block, posted up like they own it

That's they corner, from New York to California

Got blocks locked down

Like, "dog you safe whenever you with me, see this is my town"

So the youngsters, grows in ghettos, goes to prison

At an early age, already know it's against him

So in order for him to survive, one day he must

Open up his eyes to the set backs and rise

'Cause, everybody wants a shot, in this land of opportunity

Look at what this country's got

There shouldn't be nobody homeless

How can the president fix other problems when he ain't fixed home yet

The earth wasn't made for one man to rule alone

To all colors increases, to home it belongs

I want land, mansions, banks and gold

The diamonds in Africa, oil in my control

The world's natural resources, all its residuals

But then comes foes, I have to gaurd it with missels

And I become the most wanted

But is it worth hearin a million people problems and followed by Secret Service

I guess, attempts at my life with loaded barrels

So move over Colin Powell or just throw in the towel, yo

[Chorus]

Y'all know that's my style, to hit you at the right time

No other compares to what Nas write down

Tell you my dreams, show you my pain is yours

You could get what you love, be a chain in cause

You alive right now

There's so many that's dead or locked up inside the beast, I'm a hot light now

It's whatever man think of manifest to the real

The plan is to wake up 'cause time reveals

All this hate can't forever last

All my ghetto heroes in Heaven, it's like you right here and never passed

You just transcend, I know I'm gon' see you again

Hopin I reach the world leaders and win

Ain't nothin without struggle, listen up, it's critical

We used to fear arms, now the weapons are chemical

In Hip-Hop, the weapons are lyrical

To be the best you challenge the best, then the blessings are spiritual

Top of the world for the kid and unless

Poppin any rapper's head off his shoulders no contest

I know the Most High hear me, so fly you can't near me

You scared of a mirror, my theory is that - knowledge is power

To every projects and every street corner, we gotta get ours now

[Chorus]

[talking]

Yo, << racial epithet >>s ain't forget ****, know what I'm sayin?

<< racial epithet >>s ain't forget nothin

Men, women and children killed by the police and ****

<< racial epithet >>s ain't gon' forget that, you know what I mean?

Yo, what this war just show me is like, whatever you want out of life

Whatever you feel is rightfully yours, go out and take it

Even if that means blood and death

You know, that's what I was raised up on, that's what this country's about

This is what my country is, and my country's a mutha****a

No need to look for the devil when you're doing his work.  :)

586643887[/snapback]

I was gonna type my own response but, simply put, there's nothing I could add that can say more than that. Well said. :yes:

I was gonna type my own response but, simply put, there's nothing I could add that can say more than that. Well said.  :yes:

586643926[/snapback]

So rap is the devils work? You sure? Maybe you didnt read my original post so here is a refresher course...

In the cover song, "The Prince", Metallica openly sing:

"Angel from below . . .

I WISH TO SELL MY SOUL . . .

DEVIL TAKE MY SOUL

with diamonds you repay

I don't care for heaven

so don't you look for me to cry

AND I WILL BURN IN HELL

from the day I die."

Rock star, Marilyn Manson, proudly boasts:

"Hopefully, I?ll be remembered as the person who brought an end to Christianity." (Spin, August 1996, p. 34)

Manson, an ordained "reverend" in the Church of Satan, mutilates himself on stage (1 Kings 18:28), rips-up the Holy Bible, and spews "blasphemies" against the Lord Jesus Christ. Manson?s T-Shirts declare, "KILL YOUR PARENTS" & "I ? SATAN". Manson claims his album Antichrist Superstar came via "supernatural-inspiration":

"I heard this album as finished, I heard it in dreams . . . It was like the revelations of John the Baptist or something." (huH, Oct. 1996, p.34)

Manson?s "hope" for Antichrist Superstar,:

"I think every time people listen to this new album maybe God will be destroyed in their heads. . ." (huH, Oct. 1996, p.37)

Manson?s "blasphemy" is not just an act. Manson readily admitts there's more to the show than meets the eye:

I don?t know if anyone has really understood what we?re trying to do. This isn?t just about shock value . . . that?s just there to lure the people in. Once we?ve got ?em we can give ?em our MESSAGE. (Hit Parader, Oct. 1996, p.28)

Manson admits his childhood longing for Satan:

My mom used to tell me when I was a kid, ?If you curse at nighttime, the devil?s going to come to you when you?re sleeping.? I used to get excited because I really wanted it to happen . . . I wanted it. I wanted it more than anything . . .(Rolling Stone, January, 23, 1997 p.52)