Home Theatre 5.1 Audio Options

I'm looking for a home theater audio set to use for my XBox and watching movies. I'd like 5.1 audio, a stand-alone sub and receiver. Kind of like those packages you see in Best Buy Sunday Paper ads....I just don't know how good they'd be so I wasl ooking for specific model suggestions here. Thanks. Only looking to spend around 400$ tops really, nothing too expensive.

One system that fits into your price range and isn't a cut back system (e.g. 6 oHms, few inputs, high thd) would be the Yamaha YHT-360. Nice system and since it's all standard connections, you can expand it as you see fit to in the future.

Hey bangbang, do you know of a package that has component inputs but is less than $300? I need it mainly for my cable receiver and Xbox, since I use the Xbox for everything (DVD, music, games, etc.). That Yamaha is nice but I don't want to spend that much.

Or do you know of another option where I can get 5.1 off my Xbox? Is it possible to connect it to my PC and use the 5.1 speakers I have on my PC? This is for an apartment living room, so it doesn't need too much.

Standard connections would be nice, and the set must have them if I'm paying over 250 or 300.

I was looking at these, and was wondering how they sounded.  Because I have a lower end model, the solid black ones that are about 80$, and they're nice.  So maybe these would satisfy me?

http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/gs9700680403.html

586644833[/snapback]

That's a PC speaker system. I'd stick with the Yamaha I recommended.

Hey bangbang, do you know of a package that has component inputs but is less than $300? I need it mainly for my cable receiver and Xbox, since I use the Xbox for everything (DVD, music, games, etc.). That Yamaha is nice but I don't want to spend that much.

Or do you know of another option where I can get 5.1 off my Xbox? Is it possible to connect it to my PC and use the 5.1 speakers I have on my PC? This is for an apartment living room, so it doesn't need too much.

586644887[/snapback]

The YHT-160 has what you need but it of lower quality.