Bose 3

Do NOT bump your own thread. I will close it if you do so again.

As for Sony systems, you never want to get Sony sound. They make speakers that look very good.

My dad has the series GS dvd one. It does produce a somewhat surround sound fell but you cant actualy beat having 7 speakrs. The base station thing does have limited inputs. But it is enough for the avarge user. The Bose Acoustimas sub pounds like hell when music or a movie is playing. All in all id give it an 8 out of 10 because of the lack of surround sound.

My friend has the Bose 3.2.1 Gemstone series II. It is really good, but, keep in mind that it is only simulated surround sound.

It has a fully integrated DVD player that can play CD's and also offers .mp3 support.

Base is rich, but not as nice as higher end systems.

If you want true surround sound, look elsewhere. But, if you want nice speakers, and a built in DVD player, this isn't bad.

The Denon S-301 is supposed to be a comparable unit to the 3.2.1 Denon 301

that's highway robbery for a pseudo surround sound system. I know bose can usually get away with it because they have superior products, but in this case, even a BO BO surround sound system would probably bring the home theater experience home before that crap would.

The Denon S-301 is supposed to be a comparable unit to the 3.2.1  Denon 301

586650953[/snapback]

While I have only heard it on FM, the system sucks. It costs more than the Bose and sounds half as good.

Well I want a good all-in the box hometheater for  800-1500 bucks?

Should I get the bose  3-2-1 or the Sony or another?

586653326[/snapback]

Yamaha Pioneer, and Onkyo have very nice systems in that price range.

Friends don't let friends buy Bose.

586653354[/snapback]

Boy Our Sh**'s Expensive

They do sound good, but the price point is always a nail in the coffin.

Do NOT bump your own thread. I will close it if you do so again.

As for Sony systems, you never want to get Sony sound. They make speakers that look very good.

586649635[/snapback]

I have a Sony STR-DE998 7.1 110x7 and I love it

Granted my speakers are not sony, but my a/v receiver is...

I have a Sony STR-DE998 7.1 110x7 and I love it

Granted my speakers are not sony, but my a/v receiver is...

586698620[/snapback]

Their receivers are ok, but Istill prefer other brands.

bose sucks :x

onkyo has some of the better home theaters in a box available but for that kind of money you could do alot better by going out an buying a reciver (such as the Pioneer VSX-1015TX) some decent speakers (paradigm, axiom, JBL, audition lots!) a cheap dvd player and a svs sub

Their receivers are ok, but  Istill prefer other brands.

586701009[/snapback]

i was looking at onkyo prior to purchasing the sony. i was impressed with the sound but again (like my tv) it was a deal I couldn't pass up.

STR-DE998 retails at like 400-500, I got it for 200. That's a steal!

I wanted the TX-SR803 (comparing watts x channels) and mixed in price, yes Onkyo would deliver a more superb sound, but not for 800+, just wasn't fitting my budget. Sony's 998 offered 110x7 at $200 out of pocket. I simply can't pass up deals like this - of course it's not a public deal which i can recommend everyone to go to (a hookup more like it - same with the Bravia 40" XBR1)