Are you getting a .mac account?

Windows .net is open to any computer user, yet to use .mac you have to purchase an Apple computer.

Do you think this disriminates against the millions of non-Apple computer users??

No...Why would Windows users or any other OS need a suscription to .mac and get some Mac anti virus program and an iDisk account?I'd say their just two different things...

Not at all because you can use .Mac on windows, the only thing you won't get is the virus software and the backup software.

Q: Is .Mac available to Microsoft Windows users?

Customers cannot sign up for a .Mac trial using a Windows machine, but they can sign up for a full .Mac membership. IDisk and Mac.com Email can be used on a Windows machine.

NOTE: The standalone applications, such as Virex and Backup and the HomePage web application are not available to Microsoft Windows machines.

Q: Which web browsers are supported?

Macintosh: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x, Netscape 4.7.X and up

Windows: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x, Netscape Navigator 5.X

My last name starts with Mac...maybe I want a .mac account. Maybe I like the price of $100 a year. Maybe I'm tired of Apple treating PC users as enemies instead of potential customer base.

Using a PC is not a crime...

Originally posted by Dazzla

Not at all because you can use .Mac on windows, the only thing you won't get is the virus software and the backup software.

Where's that link? I've been trying to sign up for the past hour...

maybe I'm just trying to sign up at the wrong time (as they just revamp the site...I'll change the thread title!)

A mac user made me an iTools account and i've been using that e-mail as my main one for all my website accounts recently, so I definitely have to go and subscribe to the .mac or else i lose my address... plus i like the 100MB iDisk account... i could really use that instead of Geocities (lol!)

so, lemme find $50, and i'm definintely signing up...

that and I can now use iPod with windows, so I think i'll buy one of those too!

let me just say this u can do 80% of the .mac stuff on windows so thats good! and i'm going to buy my account this week w00t :)

I will definitely be signing up for this. I think it is a great price for all that you get and I will surely get a lot of use out of the 100mb storage and the 15mb email account.

Originally posted by deadzombie

My last name starts with Mac...maybe I want a .mac account. Maybe I like the price of $100 a year. Maybe I'm tired of Apple treating PC users as enemies instead of potential customer base.

Using a PC is not a crime...

remember the ipods now available for pc ;)

the biggest apple fans hate pc fans n vice versa thats basically why, if jobs wasnt such a big mac fan (even tho hes the head guy or whatever), there'dd probably be more stuff for windows out there (dunno just guessing)