Blog or Site hosted

Question

I'm doing up a website and I want to distribute PDFs of my own writing dicsussing certain issues of academic debate. I'm not planning on making a lot of money on it, I just want to be able to put it on my resume to say - Hey, I have experience writing on these topics. In thinking about it, I think at peak I will probably get about 1000 hits or so a month. Its a narrow topic, and I'm unwilling to compromise on quality or content.

As mentionned, I need to have PDFs on it (sort of a monthly journal). If I setup a site on Blogger.com (or similar ... if someone can suggest, this would be great) what advantage/disadvantage would there be? I don't mind paying my own hosting fees, I think some of the blog sites are free but do some have restrictions (owning your intellectual property, etc). I don't think I'll make a lot on Google Ads. I'd like instead to have either links to Amazon shopping cart links to books related to the topics I write about or to have a link (if possible) to my own Amazon account so people can be free to *cough* donate to me.

Again, I'm not planning on being rich off this. Its just to gain experience. Any thoughts/ideas welcome.

3 answers to this question

Well if you wanting a bloging site and willing to pay for hosting then i suggest you get your hosting and use a bloging package such as wordpress.

This means you have total control of your content.