Plasma/LCD/CRT/DLP

Which type of TV is better?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of TV is better?

• Plasma
    • LCD
    • CRT
    • DLP

The Samsung LNR328w is a nice set to look at. Should run around $1800. It uses the same lanel as the Sony's, though the imaging chips isn't as good (the picture is still fantastic, though).

586728748[/snapback]

Thank you very much :) I must admit Samsung's ads made me want one of their tvs, I just wasn't sure if they were actually any good!

Is the LNR328W known as the LE32R41B in the UK/EU? Searching UK sites for LNR328W returns nothing :/

Alright if anyone could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. DLP

2. 50" preferably. Around this size.

3. ~$2000

4. Long life, good picture quality, good viewing angles, high contrast ratio.

5. Built in DCR

The Samsung HLRxx67W would probably meet your needs. Replace the xx with the size of the set you want and you have it's model number. The 46" version should come close to your price range.

The Samsung HLRxx67W would probably meet your needs. Replace the xx with the size of the set you want and you have it's model number. The 46" version should come close to your price range.

586745532[/snapback]

How would the HLR4667W compare to the Toshiba 46HM95 you recommended above?

It's a close comparison. The Toshiba, to my eyes and a few other people I know, has richer colors on it, but the Samsung has snie which really helps give more natural colors. You're going to have to look at them for yourself since our eyes naturally see colors differently.

One thing to consider about the Toshiba is the poor design of the control buttons on the unit itself. The buttons are flat and are similar to a touchpad design. However, they lose sensitivity over time. We just got rid of a model from last year, with the same design, that had lost all functionality in the front control panel.

Now what would you recommend with someone that has a price range of $3,000? I'm planning to get a Plasma HDTV but I don't have that much knowledge of the technology and I don't know which brand name would suffice.

Lol, this has soo turned into "BangBang023's Personal Shopper Thread" :) You should get into consulting or home theater setup as a side gig and make some extra $$. Seriously... (Y) (Y)

Matter of fact, if your ever up in the Hartford area look me up. I owe you a few beers for your help :D

my dad just bought us a hitachi 42 inch plasma ilike it for one reason the dvi inpute for my powermac :p hahaha so that will be getting used otherwise i was quite happy with our crt because the image quality was amazing

Now what would you recommend with someone that has a price range of $3,000? I'm planning to get a Plasma HDTV but I don't have that much knowledge of the technology and I don't know which brand name would suffice.

586750155[/snapback]

$3000 is going ot be hard to fit a quality plasma in under. Look at Philips and Toshiba for that price range. I don't really have a particular model off the top of my head, but they have sets in the $2600 range,

what about DILA....

JVC's DILA tv's are pretty sweet... although i just checked and they are rather expensive compared to the other DLPs...

586750299[/snapback]

JVC's D-ILA is nothing but a poorly implemented LCoS TV. They enhance the graininess of the picture making them unbearable to look at. If you want to look at an LCoS set, look at the new Sony KDS-r50xbr1. It's a gorgeous set and is getting great reviews. I highly recommend it.