• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Mac users please read this! It's good news :)

Dazzla    5

Yeah, I saw this on the arstechnica forum. I'm still gonna subscribe though. 100mb plus 15mb email and that backup software is exactly what I'm looking for on the mac.

Check it out, automated backups to CD/DVD/iDisk, plus a one click restore button is you want to use that. Nice, I can just make sure it backs all my vitals onto CD/RW and iDisk and I should be safe.

(I'm paranoid about data loss)

backup_content1.gifbackup_screenshot.gifbackup_content2.gif

backup_content3.gif

FlyerXL    0
Originally posted by unspec

http://help.apple.com/mac/17/help/mail/pgs/mac43.htm

Enjoy.

--

unspec

It doesn't work with the trial. It works if you already bought the $49 .mac tools and want to add an email only account.

This is from xl8

Note - A reader sent a note about the "Convert to Email Only Account" option mentioned in .Mac online help, but that's only an option for paid users apparently (for adding another email account for a reduced fee). I never saw the "Email Management button" noted in the help instuctions and several readers noted why. Here's one example mail:

" You only see this if you login as a paid account. A paid user can add email-only addressed for $10/yr each.

In other words, if you have 2 mac.com email addresses, you can upgrade one to a paid account ($49.95) and add the other as email-only ($10).

Larry R. "

This is noted in another area of the help file (emphasis mine):

" Adding an email-only account

.Mac members can purchase up to 10 additional email accounts for $10.00 each per year. Email-only accounts include 5 megabytes (MB) of storage space, which can't be increased. You can't add photo signatures to messages if you have an email-only account; and other .Mac services, such as iDisk, HomePage, Backup, and Virex, are not accessible to email-only accounts."

Still gotta pay

Silvorgold    1

bah :( this is the worst idea apple ever made

Timan    557

on macnn they report that this will be 14.95$ a year just for a 5mb email account so....

unspec    0

Yeah I'm getting conflicting reports too :|

However I get a funny feeling that it wil be pay .Mac or nothing.

Ah well, it's quite good value but it fees like I'm being forced into it as I really like my mac.com email address....

--

unspec