Best Surround sound setup for cheap?

I know $150 is not much to work with at all but I know nothing about speakers, only electronics, screens and computers. I am not a sound freak because honestly I don't think I could hear a real difference between 5.1 or 8.1 and really I dunno if I would care if I could.

Bottomline I want to spend $150, and I do not care if they are refurbished or used, just no ebay please. And I think I would perfer refurbished since I can normally get higher dollar hardware for much less. This very laptop I use is refurbished and besides the screen flickering that is inherint to even the new models it has been great.(I also opened into it and secured all of the connections and I have fixed my screen flicker problems completely =) saved about $700 and only paid $860 for it.

Also I hate it when people turn on their bass to full blasts, it makes me feal sick to my stomach literally.

Edited by Deciever

I spent only 90 on my 5.1 system and it sounds great. Bought a Durabrand 5.1 digital reciever from ebay for $20 bucks Walmart sells it for 70. This thing got bad reviews but it was because of the speakers that were originally with it, I only got the stereo. Went to best buy got some bose bookshelf speakers for $40 bucks. Then bought a pair of rca bookshelf speakers for the rears for $20. And finally got for $10 at a pawn shop an aiwa center speaker and a 6 inch 60 watt jensen sub that works perfect.