I have a little problem with build 5231

ok i have the same problem...5231 is very unstable

I had sound working and internet working in 5219 but in this build it's not...its not something with your hardware its just this build

Maybe that means an upcoming overhaul in the way to connect to internet (Like the sound where some sound cards didn't work in previous builds) (There are pretty good lucks that this is true because of Indigo (Windows Communication Foundation) that is only partly enabled in current builds of Vista)

Its just hardware support from build to build things change.

Internet works fine for me in this latest build, using a Netgear DG834G router.

Maybe that means an upcoming overhaul in the way to connect to internet (Like the sound where some sound cards didn't work in previous builds) (There are pretty good lucks that this is true because of Indigo (Windows Communication Foundation) that is only partly enabled in current builds of Vista)

586657263[/snapback]

Not necessarily. A lot of things are still being integrated and tweaked.

It's a beta, unexplainable things happen. :p

well all the previous build the sound was working and the web too, ho sorry did you guy's download the pirated version of it, you know the one no one is suppose to have except beta testers, oupsssss, should have told this before but the latest build release to torrents site is no good, not even close to the one that will be release soon, ouch that must hurt some of the people out there.....lolllllllllllllllllllllllll

Well you see you guy's MS is not doing the same mistake it did in the past with this new version of windows.

Sorry to have blow away all your hopesw but i think it is time now that people knows the truth about this

well all the previous build the sound was working and the web too, ho sorry did you guy's download the pirated version of it, you know the one no one is suppose to have except beta testers, oupsssss, should have told this before but the latest build release to torrents site is no good, not even close to the one that will be release soon, ouch that must hurt some of the people out there.....lolllllllllllllllllllllllll

Well you see you guy's MS is not doing the same mistake it did in the past with this new version of windows.

Sorry to have blow away all your hopesw but i think it is time now that people knows the truth about this

586658329[/snapback]

your a goose. back in your pram.

But it has worket in 5219

586657213[/snapback]

well in 5219 the router drivers were installed automataclly...why isn't it now?

I'm pretty sure MS put more hardware support into 5219 as it was a public PDC release. This one was likely not even supposed to be in your hands. ;) MS probably has little reason to cram a lot of drivers into their internal builds and always do regression tests on them.

I guess you'll be more happy with beta 2 with the hardware support.

Its just hardware support from build to build things change.

Internet works fine for me in this latest build, using a Netgear DG834G router.

586657265[/snapback]

For me, Internet (Intel PRO1000/CT) worked in both builds; integreated/onboard audio works better in 5231 than in 5219 (detection of the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, however, is *worse*; in fact, 5231 doesn't detect it at all). Most TV tuners are not detected in any build of Vista (and the conflict between Media Center and such devices still exists, as LDDM drivers for AIWs are still display-only).

Major issues will remain until both the driver models and DirectX 10 itself are fleshed out (which hasn't happened yet).