Projection TV

As of right now the biggest tv in my house is 24". That being said it is kond of embarrising having friends over and watching tv on a 24" screen. So since im 15 i want to save up and get a descent tv for the basement in which i can have buddies over to watch the hockey game ect.

Is a projection TV going to give me good clarity? I know that they are HD but to me it just doenst make sence. But thats why I'm asking you. I want to spend $1600 max on a tv. Could you give some recomendations on a projection tv?

if your 15 and your max budget for a tv is $1600 then I gotta ask.... what drugs are you selling? lol

586659047[/snapback]

No drugs, Christmas, and 2 jobs support me.

No drugs, Christmas, and 2 jobs support me.

586659071[/snapback]

yea well I have much been in the same situation as you, I go to all of my friends houses who have large 42" to 60" TV's then when we come over to my house all we have is a 27"......... but my 108" projector should be in soon. I would say if you get a 4805 get it from ebay -.- way too much of a hassle to find it for low without gettin ripped off. And I thought ebay would more likely be the one to burn me.

I also am in the same position. I am 17 and a lot of my friends have big tv's and yet the largest at my house is a 32". You can't play 4 person Xbox too well on that. My dad mentioned something the other day about perhaps getting a larger tv for the basement. He would want it to have a DVI input though so he could plug his computer into the tv (he has a fancy ATI graphic card that has a DVI out on it). I would probably want 1080i since I will probably be buying the Xbox360 shortly after it comes out. Any recommendations for no more than 1100 would be great. And sorry to have hijacked your thread goodcase.

well Mitsubishi and Toshiba are great in my opinion. Mits are the one that started the big screen craze anyways so can't go wrong but i'll be looking for a Sony. Just cuz i love sony stuff (expect PS3 hehe... i'm a MS Fanboy i guess)

Toshiba 51h85 (I think thats the model number) is a very nice HD rear projo. Runs about $1100.

586662846[/snapback]

you always know someone types a model number that doesn't exist, when you google it and one of the only reslults that show up is the neowin thread. :laugh:

you always know someone types a model number that doesn't exist, when you google it and one of the only reslults that show up is the neowin thread.  :laugh:

586715606[/snapback]

bah sorry, its the h84. They didn't update that line this year.

Here in Japan, Epson Livingstation is the most popular for LCD rear projection TVs.

Epson makes most of the LCD panels found in high resolution rear projection TV and LCD projectors.