Apple Music Event

I still don't see a video player coming from apple, thats just me and I didn't research this so I could be completly wrong...

But I think if there is a video iPod coming, then there has to be some form of selling movies/tv shows to watch on it through apple, so does that mean we'll be buying videos through iTunes now? I don't think they'll make something like that without being able to profit more from it than just the hardware end of things...

just me though ( and it's early here so if this doesn't make sense...sorry, haha 0

Apple releases iPod the same way M$ releases and update to IE. Months apart. :D

586626966[/snapback]

Haha the iPod is more frequently updated than Internet Explorer. :D

According to the rumor site, Apple will be delivering an iPod update alongside Pro Mac updates... but ThinkSecret reports that Apple will not be delivering a Video-capable iPod. This is contrary to a recent claim by Appleinsider.

The new iPod will boost storage capacity to 80GB as well as what appears to be minor cosmetic and interface changes. ThinkSecret maintains that there will be no Video iPod, which is in concordance with historic comments by Steve Jobs.

Meanwhile, PowerMac and Powerbook updates are still expected but details are still limited

- - - - - -

If this is true, once again a pointless upgrade/move by Apple (iPod)

iTunes and iPod Video doesnt meean "iPod Video", it means Video of iTunes and iPod, looks like the WWDC iPod 3G announcement to me.

Its all in the way you interpret he info, not this big hubbub about an iPod Video makes you see the title as iPod Video, Personally I'd love to see an iPod Video, if they do it right, it could be the beginning of something pretty cool. But for the moment I'm not getting my hopes up, and sticking to my Nano.

EDIT: Really should read threads >< Got beaten to it.

Edited by Mr. Apex

Reading the sunday papers ( news of the world ) in there gadget page they have this to show about the Ipod Video.

Ipod Vid

The picture as they say may be a "fake" but they do mention a podcast on wednesday according to "industry insiders"

Guess we'll have to see if anything in this is true.

And yes the picture is grainy, thats what you get for having a cheap digi cam :(

I would almsot guarantee it won't be a video ipod b/c

1) announcing it so soon after the nano would hurt sales of a new product that has the lowest cost of manufacturing to MSRP ratio (i.e. PROFIT of ANY Apple product).

2) Apple has said in the past that they don't believe the market is right for portable video at this time.

3) there are WAY too many issues with DRM right now for any any movie company to jump on the online distribution band wagon.