Apple Music Event

While "no video iPod" articles sound convincing in their own right, what puzzles me is why Apple would host such event for merely minor spec upgrades for existing product lines. It might not be video iPod, but I believe something new and shocking would be revealed at the event.

Also, if it is video iPod that will be revealed by any chance, it better not be only compatible with Quicktime format.

Also, if it is video iPod that will be revealed by any chance, it better not be only compatible with Quicktime format.

586651491[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that if Apple ever DID do a video iPod that they would at least have support for MPEG1 & 2 video, and probably support for MPEG4 (such as DivX) as well.

Meanwhile, PowerMac and Powerbook updates are still expected but details are still limited

586632288[/snapback]

I had gone back and watched the WWDC 2005 video the other day and something struck me as odd. Just before Steve announced the Intel transition, he was talking about the 3Ghz PowerMac G5 and the G5 PowerBook. In both cases, he said that Apple had not been able to deliver either of those things ...... YET! Then he went on to say that there were some amazing PowerPC products still in the pipeline that would be brought out before the Intel transition.

Does that lead anyone else to speculate that perhaps we might see both of these things announced sometime soon (such as this special event? :D )?

I had gone back and watched the WWDC 2005 video the other day and something struck me as odd.  Just before Steve announced the Intel transition, he was talking about the 3Ghz PowerMac G5 and the G5 PowerBook.  In both cases, he said that Apple had not been able to deliver either of those things ......  YET!  Then he went on to say that there were some amazing PowerPC products still in the pipeline that would be brought out before the Intel transition.

Does that lead anyone else to speculate that perhaps we might see both of these things announced sometime soon (such as this special event? :D )?

586651753[/snapback]

Good point. I remember SJ saying that now. :)

Anybody notice the iTunes Music Store didn't get its Tuesday update of new releases today? Something's up... maybe there is a movie store in the works, at least for videos.

Interesting, all of it...

You know what would be nice: if money grew on trees.

586657341[/snapback]

Introducing iTree! The plant that grows... money! You can grow money for the low price of 999,999

Introducing iTree!  The plant that grows... money!  You can grow money for the low price of 999,999

586658925[/snapback]

and 2 grand grows out of it. marketing by apple. :whistle:

this is most likely what will be revealed

586659907[/snapback]

btw the ipod now are 4g aint they, thus if ones coming tomoro, itll be 5g.

btw the ipod now are 4g aint they, thus if ones coming tomoro, itll be 5g.

586659935[/snapback]

It depends if they consider the update significant enough to call it a new generation. Apple have made changes to the iPod lineup before without announcing a new generation.

It depends if they consider the update significant enough to call it a new generation. Apple have made changes to the iPod lineup before without announcing a new generation.

586659938[/snapback]

they say theyre slimming down the current 4g, thus for me, new skin, 5g. and rumor that its gona be in nano's black and white.

btw look out for pink madonna nano. TEEE HEEE HEE

When I saw this on the front page I thought it said "Apple to host Special Olympics".

I keed I keed.

586659967[/snapback]

LMAO!

Anyway, the day is finally here! I can't wait to hear what Steve Jobs has to say.

Uhh, they dont offern black and white ipods anymore right?

586660462[/snapback]

I take it you mean black and white screen...

If so, then correct, all of the iPod lineup is now colour