Office 12 Front-Page ?

So far, all the screenshots I've seen of Office haven't included Front-Page...

I know generally Front-Page is sometimes a "seperate" application; but why haven't they shown any screenshots? Or have they; and I don't know where th look?

Something i was just wondering. Unless they are planning something big, or changing the name... :rofl:

I know generally Front-Page is sometimes a "seperate" application; but why haven't they shown any screenshots? Or have they; and I don't know where th look?

Something i was just wondering. Unless they are planning something big, or changing the name...  :rofl:

586667049[/snapback]

Here you go:

http://bink.nu/photos/news_article_images/...cture10628.aspx

It will not get the ribbon ui. Also, here's a link to the Office FrontPage 12 Blog http://blogs.msdn.com/rmauceri/

Here you go:

http://bink.nu/photos/news_article_images/...cture10628.aspx

It will not get the ribbon ui. Also, here's a link to the Office FrontPage 12 Blog http://blogs.msdn.com/rmauceri/

586668434[/snapback]

i bet it must be a fake one. look at the layout and the style, nothing is alike the "12 style". the only thing differ than 2003 is the titlebar changed to 12.

btw.

why doesnt m$ combine fp with vs.net? DW owned FP always. but vs.net owned DW always. even DW8 cant beat the powerful VS.net 2003. i gave up FP long time ago, i gave up DW half an yr ago. now im using VS.net 2005 beta 2. :ninja: . owned.

i bet it must be a fake one. look at the layout and the style, nothing is alike the "12 style". the only thing differ than 2003 is the titlebar changed to 12.

btw.

why doesnt m$ combine fp with vs.net? DW owned FP always. but vs.net owned DW always. even DW8 cant beat the powerful VS.net 2003. i gave up FP long time ago, i gave up DW half an yr ago. now im using VS.net 2005 beta 2.?:ninja::? . owned.

586668472[/snapback]

they don't because it'd be way too expensive for end users... FP is just a simple home user app not a professional development app like VS is

btw there is no such thing as VS.NET 2005, they droped the .NET, it's just visual studio 2005 with .NET framework 2.0

btw.

why doesnt m$ combine fp with vs.net? DW owned FP always. but vs.net owned DW always. even DW8 cant beat the powerful VS.net 2003. i gave up FP long time ago, i gave up DW half an yr ago. now im using VS.net 2005 beta 2.  :ninja:  . owned.

586668472[/snapback]

Excuse me, but what the hell did you just say?

Something i was just wondering. Unless they are planning something big, or changing the name...  :rofl:

586667049[/snapback]

yah right.. i've not notice untill you mention it.... :)

yah right.. i've not notice untill you mention it....  :)

586669278[/snapback]

Yeah, others probably didn't notice until mentioned.

Thanks for the image, but I still doubt MS feels like re-working their simple product FrontPage. I'm probably one of the few people who enjoys it as a web-dev app. Then again, one of those few people, whose site you visit won't work in Firefox, or some other "more secure" browser.

Standards give me headaches. But sometimes, Microsoft gives me aches all over the way they do their own thing. :wacko:

the only program that i dont use in office is keeping the same ol interface that we know and love.

usually i'm really supportive of MS and their new stuff and ready to adopt it lovingly, but the new office interface is driving me batty.

It is FrontPage 12, whether you want to believe it or not. Not all Office applications have been fully updated yet, FrontPage 12, Publisher 12 and InfoPath 12 still looks basically the same right now, but you can expect that over time, they will change a bit.

Publisher 12 - http://activewin.com/articles/2005/images/...Publication.jpg

InfoPath 12 - http://activewin.com/articles/2005/images/...path12_Main.jpg

Would you consider these to be fake too?

You will notice that in the FP 12 screenie, there is appearance of tight integration with SharePoint as a front end solution.

Every screenshot that gets posted has a torrent of people calling it fake, what's with that? Sombody the other day was calling a screenshot fake that was on Microsoft's site!!!

Anyway, i thought Frontpage was being killed and replaced with Quartz Web Designer?

Edited by ClintEastman

Every screenshot that gets posted has a torrent of people calling it fake, what's with that? Sombody the other day was calling a screenshot fake that was on Microsoft's site!!!

Anyway, i thought Frontpage was being killed and replaced with Quartz Web Designer?

586670752[/snapback]

no, once again, front page is a home user HTML editor, that is more of a high end product, and VS is the highest end on the scale

no, once again, front page is a home user HTML editor, that is more of a high end product, and VS is the highest end on the scale

586671974[/snapback]

Thats gonna change in FrontPage 12, its gonna be riding the wave of SharePoint 12 which will make it a really professional tool in the Office suite among the likes of Project and Visio. Publisher needs to step and I have confidence it will surpass many persons expectations in version 12.

Only the main applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access) are getting the ribbon UI. All others will get a tweaked version of the Office 2003 interface. This has been made clear before, but I heard of these "under the radar" and "selective reading" things...

Thats gonna change in FrontPage 12, its gonna be riding the wave of SharePoint 12 which will make it a really professional tool in the Office suite among the likes of Project and Visio. Publisher needs to step and I have confidence it will surpass many persons expectations in version 12.

586672823[/snapback]

I fail to see how FP will become more professional with Share point's new version, mainly because Visual Studio 2005 was designed with the next version of Share point in mind and was basically set up to create web part content for Share point through ASP.NET, where as front page 12 will still be lacking a vast amount of ASP.NET back end coding support that is becoming more and more required for share point web parts, if you want to make web parts for Share point, Visual Studio 2005 is the way to go.