[Help] Getting PC's networked.

I just got my system's setup, and they both can access the internet thru the router and my ADSL, but I cannot seem to figure out how to network the PC's. I have a Netgear WGR614 router, and this setup:

/ [Wired PC]
[ADSL Modem] -> [ Router ] <
                              \ [WiFi PC]

I'm not exactly sure how to set them up, because they both can directly connect to the router and don't need to goto one PC to access the internet, so internet connection sharing is useless.

You first need to make sure they are in the same workgroup, you can check that from My Computer, the default workgroup is called MSHOME. Also if you want to do filesharing you need to enable Netbios over TCP/IP. To do that you need to go to the properties of your connection (Network Connections) and go into the options of the TCP/IP protocol. You might have to install Netbios using the Install > Protocol option from the same connections properties. I'm assuming your running XP, if your using Pro to Pro or Home to Home then just make some folders shared and then check in My Network Places to see them. If your doing Home to Pro you need to disable Simple File Sharing in the folder options of Pro.

586668099[/snapback]

wow... that is seriously the most concise list of what you gotta take care of. let us know if you need anything...

You first need to make sure they are in the same workgroup, you can check that from My Computer, the default workgroup is called MSHOME. Also if you want to do filesharing you need to enable Netbios over TCP/IP. To do that you need to go to the properties of your connection (Network Connections) and go into the options of the TCP/IP protocol. You might have to install Netbios using the Install > Protocol option from the same connections properties. I'm assuming your running XP, if your using Pro to Pro or Home to Home then just make some folders shared and then check in My Network Places to see them. If your doing Home to Pro you need to disable Simple File Sharing in the folder options of Pro.

I forgot to mention that when you setup sharing in some cases the sharing may not allow the other machine access to the folders you've made available. You may need to go into the permissions (In the folders properties) and add a new permission for "Everyone" or specify the other machines name (Found in that machines My Computer menu) and give it the control you require (Note this applies to XP Pro only, so if your mixing Home and Pro on the network you might need to look into this.) Also disable your software firewalls on both machines, or allow the machines to communicate. I use Zone Alarm and I've just got it set to allow the communication, very simple.