zip in mac?

my sister uses a mac and she has a ton load of my photos in a folder on her machine.

I know little if nothing about macs (i use pc)

but is there a way for her to "zip" "rar" compress the folder in mac

and then send it to me using yousendit.com etc

and that my pc can then uncompress it ?

thanks in advance

^ Agreed.

Stuffit is the best compression scheme for JPG images. Doesn't matter if you are using a Mac or a PC. They have developed a new lossless encoder (which replaces the Huffman Coding section of the JPG file structure) to reduce the size of your JPG file 30% on average.

thankyou for your help

stuffitt link sent to sis

586670220[/snapback]

Or she could have just as easily ctrl-clicked on the folder or files and selected "create archive", which would have made a zip file for her, no extra software required. There is a reason that Apple has no longer included Stuffit with their OS, it has become more and more bloted and buggy over the years.

Or she could have just as easily ctrl-clicked on the folder or files and selected "create archive", which would have made a zip file for her, no extra software required.  There is a reason that Apple has no longer included Stuffit with their OS, it has become more and more bloted and buggy over the years.

586670389[/snapback]

i doubt she has even started... so i sent her your simple ctrl click / create archive trick

which will proove easier for her

i learn in the process too

thanks

:)