Kind of off topic but how do you pronounce this? Just u-Torrent? And Also what is that character called? Is it greek or something? Just curious.

Also for the person who put it on their flash drive, how did you do that? Is it just a standalone exe file that you run?

This looks very itneresting will have to try it out.

586676513[/snapback]

It's "microtorrent" and the ? is the greek letter "mu":))

I don't like the new system tray icon. It's pixelated. :(

586677143[/snapback]

that's cause it's not anti-aliased. this would increase cpu load and the size of the executable. :happy:

Its a nice little prog, but I dont get any speed with it. In bitspirit i average between 50-70 KB/s. In this iwas getting only 11 KB/s

586677171[/snapback]

It starts slower because it uses less CPU. If you want it to find more bandwidth faster, turn off the CPU optimizations in preferences.

Does anyone else get uber slowdowns with uTorrent? As soon as I start it (even if I'm not downloading or uploading... most of the time I can't even connect to trackers) EVERYTHING on the internet slows down.

Oh well, back to Azureus then...

I've read the article on DHT in Wikipeadia but still confused about what it actually does. Does anybody have a simpler 25 words or less explanation?

586677369[/snapback]

I have one word:

Trackerless

Been trying it our today and I like it. Feels like azureus (speed seems to be pretty much the same) but is using less ram.

Devs really should change the exe icon though, imo even the previous (v1.1.4) looked better.

Devs really should change the exe icon though, imo even the previous (v1.1.4) looked better.

586677415[/snapback]

I agree, though I like the tray icon more (though it is too jaggy).

NEway, this version seems to be working a lot better than earlier versions - before I'd had some trouble with slow download speeds and even with very popular torrents it would sometimes have problems connecting to the tracker. I look forward to this developing into the leading bittorrent client, as it really doesn't have much competition (Azureus is such a resource hog it should be put out of its misery and BitComet and ABC, whilst good, are a bit lackluster). Hopefully I won't have to go back to BitComet now.