5231, a shadow of beta2.

what do u think about 5231 and beta 2?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. what do u think about 5231 and beta 2?

• 5231 is way better than what i suspected.
    • 5231 is good, but it still disapointed me. beta2 may do better.
    • 5231 is poor. but i belive beta 2 will do lot of better than 5231
    • 5231 sux, and so will beta 2.
    • vista sux.
    • i dunno.

Issues I have had with the pre CTP release, is connectivity problems. After this is intitally installed, my internet connection worked perfect and such. Then after restarting after installing something it didn't work. Using that network dude hickey, I found that my internet connection was casuing the problem. But after trying to fix it and fix it it now says connected but I cannot surf the web. This was after having to shut off Windows Firewall to get it to work. I have found this to be true with my hard wired computer also in previous builds. But yet if you use wireless it works fine with all builds. Not to sure what tha means or not. If anyone knows what I am talking about please let me know. Other inssues is again with the internet explorer deal people mentioning also.

Overall performace of the OS in this stage is still way buggy. I have submitted countless errors to M$. I hope in the Oct CTP release some of this stuff is fixed and the overall all OS is much more stabler. That is it for me right now.

I have submitted countless errors to M$.

Lol! I have mines counted :p . So far i've only sent 23 error reports :shifty:

but the real deal is not in "sending them", but findign another way around to make it work; that way you can "actually" let them know WHY is the problem happening. :pinch:

About the Connectivity stuff. I have tried many PCI cards (not any PCIE yet), Wireless and Wire'd ones, but they just don't work right. However, if you get a Wireless USB network adapter, you will be able to install their drivers with no big deal... I wonder if it's cause of the peripheral types. oh and another thing that should be checked is playing around with your BIOS, and having the USB set to 1.1 instead of 2.0 (though It works pretty fine at 2.0) and lowering the PCI frequency from 64 to 32... most Motherboards today have it their PCI factory frequency settings at 64 instead of 32...

Yep threedaysdwn, i cleared that out at the bottom lines of my post:

"Anyways, thats most of what I could notice while I was playing with this 5231 Build. Leaked, NOT RECOMENDED. Wait for BETA 2 please. You can try it out, or wait till its released next week "as I heard""

586684546[/snapback]

Leak is NOT the October CTP. The October CTP is NOT beta 2.

I guess im writing all wrong.... as I said WAIT for BETA 2 Please!. Try out the October CTP 5231 REAL Release! (doesn't mean 5231 is Beta 2) DO NOT TRY this LEAK 5231 that seems to have more problems than a man wearing lipstick... also BETA 2 won't be available until Later November or December SUPPOSABLY - "make note here :ninja: " (Microsoft hasn't set a date for that release)...

Thanks for helping me clear it out 3daysdwn...

I haven't used it but from I've read on review sites it is not very impressive - however, I believe that it still has a long way to go and hope to see it improve leaps and bounds as it moves further towards completion.

im still wondering how it been "Leaked"? thru p2p network? or what?

microsoft cant "Leak" some thing on his official website.lol :laugh:

586685438[/snapback]

Because the build they put on connect and MSDN is a different build than what you saw last week. That one was leaked.