G3 and Jaguar

ad.J

Most people with G3's seem to think that is runs slow. Does anybody know of 10.2 fixed that problem? I'm thinking of getting a TiBook as my first Mac. Will it run slow or fast?

Chad

Well I know Timan had some troubles getting some builds of 10.2 to boot. But last I saw, he finally got one to work. Hes on an old iMac..G3 of course.

He's the only person on here that I've seen using 10.2 with a G3. If he sees this thread, i'm sure he'll post an answer for ya

Timan

i got a ****ty imac and jaguar is about 3x faster *REAL SPEED! and this is on build 6c92 i heard that 6c98 is supposed to be a bit faster so until the final comes out it keeps getting faster and faster :) also the only build i was able to boot up with so far is 6c92 and we'll see if i can boot up with 6c101 tonite if my download finishes ;)

Zerosignull

apple have said they they have improved performance of quartz for the the g3 a lot. is roughly twice as fast acording to there charts of tests.

ps.overclcok ure mac helps too ;)

ad.J

The online store for iBook still says that it shipes with X 10.1... so it doesn't come with Jaguar?

Timan

it will after aug. 24, any mac u find in stores new will ship with jaguar :) even the old imacs will ship with it at compusa!