Very Short Review of 5231

- App Compatibility -- still a problem (poor), many apps I use are just as broken in this build as in the previous.

- Speed -- so very very slow. Lots of Hard Disc chatter, unresponsive User Interface at times. It's a P4 530 with 1GB of DDR. Not good.

- Features -- some, very few, nice new updates but overall this build is pretty poor and not really the quality of a beta build I would expect from Microsoft.

That's it thats worth saying about 5231.

overall this build is pretty poor and not really the quality of a beta build I would expect from Microsoft.

586687341[/snapback]

You're either not a real beta tester, or can't read:
This build is not beta quality but is offered as a preview or our progress towards Beta 2.

Why did you ever upgraded?!

Do clean install of such type of products! thats a Beta with a bunch of errors!  :pinch:

586687405[/snapback]

i had a new install of WinXp anyways...i figured i'd at least try it, no harm done.

this is a horrible review... did you try it on another system? what applications did it have problems with? like Jermey said above - learn to read... but I'm sure you probably did not download it LEGALY from microsoft.

You know it is a BETA product and so it does not have full compatability so the performance issues could be due to your hardware... since you have no indication of what application didn't work can't really comment on that...... you are a real ______ to even post this. It might be interesting if you gave a few more details, a little info on your hardware... instead of just saying: "yeah, i installed it and it sucked- that's my review"....

Anyways, i'm sure it was a legal copy too? Maybe that's a reason also... don't install pirated software.

In conclusion, if you want to post reviews - at least have a little content, if you have issues then give some context, and don't donwload pirated software then write reviews about how it sucks. Thanks!

LMAO at the end of the day What defines BETA QUALITY? LMFAO

586687446[/snapback]

Ahh. Hello!!?

..This build is not beta quality but is offered as a preview or our progress towards Beta 2..

That's from the email beta testers received, so even microsoft knows this build is not up to beta quality? So laugh all you want spammer, but you may want to know the facts before spouting off rocking horse feces. Thankyou. :angry:

then why did you say something about the quality of the beta build? Microsoft said that it was not up to quality so why even mention it!?!

586687574[/snapback]

By definition its a beta build.

However by microsoft's advice it is not up to beta quality.

There is a grey you know, not just black and white.

Ahh. Hello!!?

That's from the email beta testers received, so even microsoft knows this build is not up to beta quality? So laugh all you want spammer, but you may want to know the facts before spouting off rocking horse feces. Thankyou.  :angry:

586687519[/snapback]

then why did you say something about the quality of the beta build? Microsoft said that it was not up to quality so why even mention it!?!

God, imagine how many more posts to suffer through of this form :

Poster X : "This build sucks!"

Poster Y: "But It's only a BETA! Grrr !!"

Poster X: " I know LOL ROFLCOPTER!!!"

Poster Z: "This Build sucks!"

Poster Y: "But it's only a Beta !!!"

Poster Q:"This build sucks!"

etc.

:x

By definition its a beta build.

However by microsoft's advice it is not up to beta quality.

There is a grey you know, not just black and white.

586687589[/snapback]

Grow up. You obviously aren't an invited tester (for good reason it seems) so please refrain from making frivolous remarks.

- App Compatibility -- still a problem (poor), many apps I use are just as broken in this build as in the previous.

- Speed -- so very very slow. Lots of Hard Disc chatter, unresponsive User Interface at times. It's a P4 530 with 1GB of DDR. Not good.

- Features -- some, very few, nice new updates but overall this build is pretty poor and not really the quality of a beta build I would expect from Microsoft.

That's it thats worth saying about 5231.

586687341[/snapback]

Holy pre-mature ejaculation BATMAN!!!!

Nice assessment on a PRE-beta that's over a 1yr. away from release bub... :shifty: Obviously u haven't been beta testing MS OS's long have u?

What were u expecting? Something close to stable in the beta2 stage from this alpha? :no: LMAO

Grow up. You obviously aren't an invited tester (for good reason it seems) so please refrain from making frivolous remarks.

586687660[/snapback]

You should know with your intelligent replies. Oh and how did you get into the beta? Clearly it was a mistake.

Can someone post the file size in bytes ?

586687910[/snapback]

no.... why? Do you need to verify your warez version is not corrupt?

Edited by mr_skrilla

You're either not a real beta tester, or can't read:
This build is not beta quality but is offered as a preview or our progress towards Beta 2.

586687441[/snapback]

i hope beta 2 isn't betaquality

:woot: