Transcend JetFlash 256 MB (256MJF2A)

post-538-1133614036_thumb.jpg

Contents of package:

Once I opened the package I found the flash drive, a multi-language user's manual, a handy quick detach neck strap for carrying the flash drive, a driver CD for Windows 98 which also contained Transcend's software for the flash drive (Utilities), a warranty card, a short USB cable, and a small catalog of other products Transcend offers

Basic Specifications:

- Size : 75mm x 25mm x 11mm, 88mm x 33mm x 15mm(4G)

- Performance: Max Read 10MB/s, Write 8MB/s.

- Data Retention: Up to 10 years

- Weight : 15g,24g(4G)

- Certificate : CE, FCC, BSMI

Features:

- Fully compatible with USB 2.0 specification

- Easy Plug and Play installation

- Driverless(Only Windows 98SE needs the enclosed driver)

- Powered via the USB port, No external power or battery needed

- Security Function:Password protection provided

- Boot-Up Function:Can make JetFlash bootable device

- LED indicates the usage status of JetFlash

- 2-year Warranty

View Datasheet

Well, the first impression I had when I held this was "Damn, this is light". I currently have Windows XP Professional (SP2) installed, when I plugged the flash drive in, Windows automatically detected it. If you're using Windows 98, you'll have to install the drivers.

Once the flash drive was plugged in I could start using it, there was no need to format it. The driver is USB 2.0 compilant and I also tried using it on an old computer at my sixth form which has USB 1.1, it seemed to work fine without no problems.

A feature that I found interesting is the LED light that is on the back which starts to flash when the flash drive is being used.

Conclusion:

The Transcend JetFlash 256MB 2A flash drive is a quality flash drive, it seems to work fine without no problems on USB 1.1 and USB 2.0. Although the price is slightly high (I purchased it for 24 ?) I highly reccomend it to anyone who needs a reliable flash drive with password protection.

In addition, the only problem I have found with this is the metal coating on the cap of this Flash Drive, it gets easily scratched and the coating wears off a little bit.Ratingb>: 8.5/10

post-56592-1133618314_thumb.jpg