Mac Crash :)

lol, yet they say "Macs never crach and no BSOD" and all this blah blah! It's built by humans so it's not perfect.

Coming from long-time experience on both PC and Mac, this is my opinion on crashing:

Neither crash. It's just as simple as that. Crashing is ALWAYS user error. Something YOU installed, Something YOU misconfigured. It's rarely, if ever, the OS manufacturer's fault.

Anywho =)

That's OS 9, a piece of ****.

I've never had a crash on OS X so far, average uptime of about 3 weeks on the trot.

Guess I'm lucky, I never had any real crashes on XP either.

Mind you, OS X does crash, just ask Timan what a kernal panic looks like ;)

personally, I've never experienced one in 3 months so far...

Originally posted by Dazzla

That's OS 9, a piece of ****.

I've never had a crash on OS X so far, average uptime of about 3 weeks on the trot.

Guess I'm lucky, I never had any real crashes on XP either.

Mind you, OS X does crash, just ask Timan what a kernal panic looks like ;)

personally, I've never experienced one in 3 months so far...

kernel panic is when the screen is blank and has darwin right?

Techically they are right though. You don't get blue screens of death on a mac. You get a bomb window of death instead, hehe.

Actually on the OS9 computers at school when I was doing photoshop stuff I opened a brower with a quicktime at the same time (movie previews at their site) and the paint tool started doing funky things. After I closed the browser it started painting in totally wrong and grainy colors and then the computer hard locked. I'm not kidding. I don't know what they did to that computer but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be doing that right?

I am pretty sure though if your OSX or XP computer crashes up it is because you installed some bad driver or did some other wrong thing.

My computer used to get an infinate loop with the display driver in games or with flash in a browser but after having did a clean install of XP and the latest detonators from nvidia's site it has gone away.

The one who said that they are made by humans so they are not perfect is right though. There is always room for error especially end user error.

One of my good friends has always used MAC, and his machine crashes just as often as Windows 9X. Anyone that say?s that there OS whether it be MAC, Windows, UNIX is not telling the truth. After all can?t all OS be affected by poorly written software and drivers?

FYI an error 41 happens when the MacOS cannot load the Finder because it was corrupted by customization (usually). Replace it with a fresh copy from the OS9 cd.

Kernel panic:

kernel-panic.jpg

Originally posted by SHoTTa35

lol, yet they say "Macs never crach and no BSOD" and all this blah blah! It's built by humans so it's not perfect.

that was os9 yo.

and it is kinda sad if that person is just now discovering what it looks like when a mac crashes...

Originally posted by Bling3k12

so what do you guys think of what i'm calling "crash perfected" :D

kernelpanic.jpg

funny its from a beta of jaguar :) that says it all, and finally!!! after build 6c92 i have yet to see it :) so hey! thats coming from a ****ed up mac ;)

apple used to realsed the meanings of all the error codes "classic" and lower and i can tell u there is quite a few!

error code 1: out of memory.. used to get that a LOT on my 68k mac :(

No, I'm not making fun of macs, i'm actually saving up to buy one... they are way better than any pc i've ever used...

i was just pointing out that you'll never see the normal junk you see from a kernel panic, instead you'll see a nice screen saying to restart your mac

Originally posted by Bling3k12

i was just pointing out that you'll never see the normal junk you see from a kernel panic, instead you'll see a nice screen saying to restart your mac

If you are going to use OSX, think again. :p