breaking a dishwasher

Anyone have any ideas on how to break a dishwasher without it looking phyiscally broken (yeah, I could smash it with a hammer). I want to break something internal so it needs to be fixed.

Why? (I know someone will ask...)

My apartment place went up $200/month rent and I've asked for a new[er] dishwasher and they won't change or switch it. It's noisy, 15 years old, and isn't energy or water effiecents (bills are insane!).

I even asked if I can buy my own and they take this one away but they won't.

Suggestions?

Disconnect the water line to it and run it through several cycles. That may cause the pump to burn out since there's no water flowing through.

586700065[/snapback]

nice. ima try that!

any other ideas??

My dishwasher broke the other month - on the door there's a little clip the holds the door shut when you close it - mine snapped off and the door wouldn't shut, unless you drop-kicked it and then it wouldn't open again :yes:

Easy, I've accomplished this TWICE the same way (both by accident, go figure!)

Was eating popcorn, and put the bowl in the dishwasher without removing the unpopped kernels, they got permanently stuck in the little water holes and the dishwasher(s) becomes useless.

The 'correct' and 'moral' thing to do would be to wash up by hand, or at least avoid breaking it by finding some over solution. Antiques really should be preserved.

Anyway, perhaps a few rather important parts/screws could 'work loose' causing a catastrophic disaster for it?

The correct way to break a dishwasher has been mentioned. Disconnect the water supply and run. BANG! Motor burns out (unless you have one that senses such things).

Other alternatives:

Break the door latch

Bend the door hinges beyond limits

"Create" a leak - this means if they don't fix it there will be further damage to the property

Remove any front panel and chuck a few volts through any chips you find

I get it, and I'd not advocate these actions. But that said, if it is included within the contracted price, it should be replaced when due.

True story: I hav a mate who isn't that bright. He thinks he is, but isn't. It's always "this scam" or "that scam" - but he can't be 100% sucessful, seeing as he is always broke and loses money all the time. Being bright would be to learn this, but hey.

So he has a 1 year old Sony VAIO, still works great, performs well, but he is greedy. So he pours a can of coke into the VAIO, all over the keyboard and contacts MasterCare (PCWorlds afetrsales company). He tells them of his spillage, and they agree to collect it and have a look.

So they collect it and he files a report or whatever. He is telling anyone who will listen that this is how to get a new laptop once a year. Now this is not based upon anything more than his "idea", he already poured coke into a working laptop with no assurances that there would be a positive outcome.

So he then get's a call, and MasterCare have opened his laptop, and low - dried coke residue. They clean the residue, but that's all. Laptop still works except the floppy drive won't spin and keys are sticky. So he got nothing out of it except damaging aspects of his laptop.

This is why I NEVER would suggest anyone break anything to get it replaced.

If you are paying rent and they have not done anything to make your living there good, you might like to file a complaint to a business beauru about it or move to another place, but as a start, write a letter to them (the place owner) about how you are feeling about their failure to repair or replace the dishwasher.

The people who own the place SHOULD replace it using some of your rent money. That's rude of them not fixing it for you.

I lived at a flat and the fridge was broken (wouldn't keep my frozen food frozen (ice-cream was melting), the flat owner had a spare one downstairs and happily replaced it for me straight after I let him know of the broken fridge.

well see this is a huge apartment complex. we have about 350 apartments, lowest rent being $1,100. i know this place is paid off. i work at bestbuy, i could buy a new dishwasher extremely cheap. no bargains. i think for the price i am paying a month and since the dishwasher is included in the contact, they can replace it. besides, when they showed me a rental place, it wasn't a clunky POS like this one is, it was a brand new GE.

ima try that popcorn trick. and the hinges, woot.

• 8 months later...

:no: Here's the deal all you "It is a luxury" people, if you pay rent (which the majority of apartment renters do) and as far as I am concerned they state "DISHWASHER" as an added feature in their ad when they are advertising the place, it SHOULD work and SHOULD be replaced (not just "repaired") not only to make the current renter happy, but to keep their word of mouth advertising positive. We have had a piece of crap dishwasher for the past 1 year that doesn't work half of the time and they just come and "clean it", which never makes any bit of good. Infact one of the maint. men told me that I should go buy some acid crap to pour in it once a month to remove any lime buildups and keeping it running for the mostpart. This comment happened to make me rather angry since IT IS THEIR JOB TO KEEP IT RUNNING, NOT MINE. So a word for you "luxury" people, enjoy the dishwasher in your home because most likely with a comment like that you are NOT a renter.

+Cheers! :angry: