• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

'06 Honda Civic EX Coupe

+ncoday    423
congrats on the purchase... but one question... for around the same price you could have gotten an 06 si... granted you would have waited a few months extra for it to be released... but still... much faster... close ratio 6 speed, short throw clutch... just to name a few improvements over the ex.

586701505[/snapback]

I thought about that, but:

- Manual Tranny only (Hate manual; bad knee does not go well with Clutch)

- Worse Gas mileage

- More $$ most likely

- More cost of insurance

- Not big on performance cars right now (don't race or like going really fast)

+ncoday    423
nice...

if I were to buy a new small foreign car it would have to be a Scion tC

sciontc05_01.jpg

586703082[/snapback]

I had not considered the scions. I went to the website and prices seem affordable. I am going to go test drive some tomorrow. Thanks for mentioning them.

My deposit on the Civic is refundable if I decide I like the Scion better. Doubt there would be problems since it would still be under same the parent auto dealer company, Kendall, here in Eugene, OR.

xxkrnxstylezxx    0

Yeah, the tC is a nice car too. And very affordable.

giga    45

I prefer the tC as well. It's a very nice car.

Razorwing    640

ppl, remember.. it's STILL a Civic. :laugh:

+ncoday    423

I am going to judge it tomorrow, assuming they hopefully have a new one in stock.

I went to the VW dealership to test drive the VW beele, and all they had were used ones. Their used ones only come with 3 mont warranty, which i find ridiclous!

+ncoday    423
Congrats.  The company that I work for manufactures quite a few parts for the 06 Civic :)

586712102[/snapback]

What company is that?

Aftermarket? Website?

ACTIONpack    491

I was thinking about getting a SCION TC but the gas milage is not as good as the Honda Civic 2006. 40/30 vs 30/23 which the SCION tC gets. I have a Civic Coupe 2006 EX w/ Nav. I got it for 21000 and put down 12k from my old car which it was a 2000 Camry. I pay 250 a month and will pay it off in one year. I'm a graphic artist and get pay every other week. Which I get about 1000 every two weeks which I'm going to put 250 for the car and then put 700$ extra to pay it off as fast as i can. I also have to pay 75 a month for my student bills. I still live at parents home and still will until I pay off my student and car bills. I have no rush to month out with all the bills I have to pay off. Don't want to be in debt when I turn 30. I'm only 23 and don't have a real out going lifestyle. I would like more money in my pocket then be on my own at this time of my life. But I dont want to be living with my parents when I turn 25. I have a few years and by then I will be moving out.

Qumahlin    0
Got a question, is there a scpeial cable for plugging in an iPod to view track and playlist information that came with your car?

I read an article on Honda's website that mentioned something about this. It is different from the AUX input jack just below the stereo. This would be very cool, since it supposedly charges the iPod while showing the idtag information on the stereo display.

586732750[/snapback]

all of those ipod to stereo connectors are CRAP

When your ipod is connected via one of those types of connectors you then have to control the ipod using the stereo controls...which completely destroys the biggest benefit of the ipod it's easy to search navigation.

The only ipod to car connector that looks nice and works nice is if you have an Alpine touchscreen and then it's a breeze.

Edited by Qumahlin

+ncoday    423
I was thinking about getting a SCION TC but the gas milage is not as good as the Honda Civic 2006. 40/30 vs 30/23 which the SCION tC gets. I have a Civic Coupe 2006 EX w/ Nav.

586730265[/snapback]

Got a question, is there a scpeial cable for plugging in an iPod to view track and playlist information that came with your car?

I read an article on Honda's website that mentioned something about this. It is different from the AUX input jack just below the stereo. This would be very cool, since it supposedly charges the iPod while showing the idtag information on the stereo display.

gigapixels    99
all of those ipod to stereo connectors are CRAP

When your ipod is connected via one of those types of connectors you then have to control the ipod using the stereo controls...which completely destroys the biggest benefit of the ipod it's easy to search navigation.

The only ipod to car connector that looks nice and works nice is if you have an Alpine touchscreen and then it's a breeze.

586732780[/snapback]

I've got a regular Alpine stereo with the iPod controller and it works perfectly for me. Even though I can only scroll one line at a time, it doesn't bother me. Plus, I usually just randomize through the playlist of my favorite music. I like it :happy:

Anyway, I LOVE the new Civic. I wish I could get the SI when it comes out, but unfortunately, I don't have the money to do it :/

kak    0

If you car has an AUX input, you can hook any MP3 player up to your car. The only problem is that they send out a very low signal, so you have to turn them all the way up and generally turn your stereo up too. I'd just rather use my CDs.

The new Civic is alright looking. I'd like to get one, but I'm not in a situation to do so right now. The new SI is awesome looking. Definately looking at getting a pre-owned down the road.

JAbad28    0

Congratulations, I heard that these '06 Civic's are pretty well on the street and gas, I also love the new style for the Civic si '06, I would take that over the Scion Tc anyday.

+ncoday    423

I've started seeing a couple on the road. They are selling very fast here in Eugene, OR.

karma_police    0

They are selling very fast here too, actually you have to wait at least 2 months to get one.

+ncoday    423
They are selling very fast here too, actually you have to wait at least 2 months to get one.

586738662[/snapback]

Ouch, I am having to wait about 1 month. I could have gotten one sooner if I wanted black. However, it only came with the tan interior which I think would have shown dirt easier and be harder to keep nice.

SamNeeds    0

Congratulations...Looks really nice :)