..wow my life went bad

Sorry to hear about that, but i think you should find a close friend or family member to have a talk to, and try to express your feelings, don't try to keep it in, try your best to be optimistic about it, because if you're not strong enough yourself, then who is going to be there to support your mum?

Speak to her more, and do more things with her, that will get it off her mind, and if the doctor has any treatment suggestions, look into it, and support her all the way.

I hope that things will improve for you.

good luck with things. my girlfriend's mom has been battling cancer for a really long time and it doesn't get any easier. you need to be strong and be there for your mother. don't let her give up, and you better not either.

ehhhh that blows..

the fact that she cried means nothing though, i think anyone would cry if they had cancer. i know i would...

anyways keep in mind that many many people survive cancer

was she a smoker?

keep us updated with some details

hey guys as you all know im normally the guy with good things, well i just got home from the mall and my mom walks into my room and just told me she has cancer, and seriously i dont have anyone around to talk to at the moment, and i have work here in lil, and i just cant think straight.

~WinG

:cry:

586701647[/snapback]

Thats terrible news, you and your mom have my sympathy.

Sorry to hear this mate. Take some of the good advice being posted here and just be there for her. Maybe it's something she can get over.

i know how it feels. i lost my grandpa to liver failure, and almsot lost my grandma to breat cancer.

best she could do is get kemo to try to cure it, and when its tiny enough, cut it out and pray for the best. if its caught early enough she could jsut cut it out and be done with it.

not sure what to tell you. it sucks. it really does, but if it helps, you get used to the idea of losing a loved one after you live with it long enough. which is sad in that it becomes easier to accept than to fight.

good luck, im praying for you.

My dad passed away last year. November 17 due to cancer.

How early is your mom's cancer detection? Try going to cancer organization and inquire about steps you can do to help cure your mom. Cancer is treatable, it's not the end of the world while it's not too late. You have to think and act fast.

I say no... the only way keeping you sane is by doing as much activity as possible...

I went through a similar situation last year... it was hard on me, and my mom.

PM me if you'd like to talk about things you should do or expect...

from what i know it seems to be that they caught it late, but ill find out more in the next 24-48 hours as the test results come in, and while i was at work lastnight i broke down and cried to my boss, he told me if i need off tonight just call and say i need it and i can have off for 1-2 days if i need too, so prolly ima take that up and just spend time with my mom.

i think hidea has a point...if you try and hide yourself away then it isnt going to help...which is easy for me to say as i havent faced anything like this before...i can only repeat what others have said that you should try and be strong and support your mother...also im wondering...how is your sister coping through this...dont forget about her too...she is going through exactly what you are and together you might be able to pull up the strength to help you mother fight this thing...my prays go out to you and your family

It's best if you fight this situation as a family... share the pain and the joy. I was very glad that my family all came to help my mom and me. our family friends too! one of my mom friends would sleep over in the hospital taking shifts watching over my dad.

It will take time to digest the situation, it doesn't matter if it's too late or not, you should always make the attempt to get your mom to an onchologyst.

Tell her to not anything that has protein in it. She needs to stop drinking/eating anything that is protein base. Protein will help the cancer cell to grow even faster/quicker. She needs to eat everything green. ANd if your mom is going to get chemo'ed, she'll need specialized meal/milk (I gave my dad Ensure).

I hope the cancer hasn't spread that widely or hasn't spread at all!

hey guys, just an update , my moms test results all came in, they said shes negative on cancer, which is a majorrrr releif for me, but she has several bloodclots t in her lungs and will be in the hospital to get it removed for next 2 days, to makes sure they get it all. so im thankful its not cancer.

Tell her to stop smoking. I seriously have little empathy for those who bring cancer on themselves by smoking anything carcinogenic.

Good to see she hasn't got it though..

hey guys, just an update , my moms test results all came in, they said shes negative on cancer, which is a majorrrr releif for me, but she has several bloodclots t in her lungs and will be in the hospital to get it removed for next 2 days, to makes sure they get it all. so im thankful its not cancer.

586705157[/snapback]

considering what u said in 1st place, these news can be good :) anyway, good luck to ur mother with the bloodclots removal :) she'll be ok, thats for sure :)

I guess the prayers that some of us here on Neowin made for you actually paid off. I'm glad it isn't cancer. Now go spend more time with your mother and cherish the moments you have with her. You had just encountered a slip of fate and maybe that experience has taught you a lesson, a lesson that only you (and god) knows.

You are a lucky guy and same to your mother. Definetly make sure she never touches another cigarette. I wish my grandfather was as lucky. He is on his last legs with pancreatic(sp) cancer.

wait, your first post made it seem like it was DEFINATELY cancer, your mom just walked in your room and busted out with "I have cancer." so she was jumping the gun on this whole thing, or you were?

Wow she's so lucky to not have it. In all honesty she SHOULD stop smoking though, me mum lost half of one of her lungs to smoking and has had constant health problems since, including a tumor just outside her lungs.

GLAD TO SEE THE NEOWIN SUPPORT GUYS!! :)