My god this thing is updated quickly....

Quote from the Azureus site...

!!! 2.3.0.4 !!! - 116 days old

586706337[/snapback]

Thats a good client, but i hate how java takes up so much mem.

i love this client... the auto update is also painless :p

a few hours ago i got the 1.1.7 update and now i got the 1.1.7.1 update. i love the built in search :p all my favorite torrent sites at hand :D

does anyone know what the "IP to report to tracker option" is for ? What if you put an IP in there that isn't yours ? Is this a "security" feature or does it have some other use ?

I really think they need to implement DHT and forget about the under 100k plot. DHT is an important addition to bittorent and sometimes, you can't live without it.

586707087[/snapback]

it's planned for 1.2.x :)

I really think they need to implement DHT and forget about the under 100k plot. DHT is an important addition to bittorent and sometimes, you can't live without it.

586707087[/snapback]

Amen to that.

does anyone know what the "IP to report to tracker option" is for ? What if you put an IP in there that isn't yours ? Is this a "security" feature or does it have some other use ?

586706844[/snapback]

Many clients can get confused especially when there are complicated network setups and they report the wrong ip address to the peers (normally a LAN IP).... this allows you to correct that.

Plus the under 100k is done by using some sort of exe packing, like UPX, for example. Who cares how large the exe is, as long as it stays under like 5 MB it should be just fine. The memory usage is a big plus and it's nice and speedy for me, with well seeded torrents, of course.

Why don't we have one, definitive thread for the uTorrent topic? One topic, with the first post/title edited every time there's a new release. Just a thought.

Comon DHT!

586709963[/snapback]

Apparently there isnt gonna be many more releases untill DHT is supported.....according to utorrent.com

build 293 (1.1.7.2) is downloadable tho (not through auto update)...

Apparently there isnt gonna be many more releases untill DHT is supported.....according to utorrent.com

586710008[/snapback]

Praise the lord!

1.1.7.2 has been released. It is a minor update and will not be published to existing 1.1.7.1 users through the application's auto-updater. We expect no further updates until 1.1.8. DHT support is now our main focus.

- Restores the seed ratio textbox, which had been replaced with a combobox in 1.1.7.

- Fixed small issue with seeding priority behavior.

- Ability to customize the up/down rate limiting menu through advanced options