Xbox 360 huge powersupply :confirmed:

Andrew Lyle

damn! oh well.. guess it will just sit behind my tv stand.. like it would of anyways. looks like a tire compressor to me

ECEGatorTuro

What the hell was the point of making the 360 small?! That power supply is like half of it's size!

oddcrap

I still have doubts as to that is what microsoft will be using. They're display only, we need to see a retail version out of the box.

Tungsten T

Maybe the Xbox 480 will have wireless Power :D

|Rapture|

I dont see how that confirms anything. We still dont know if those will be sitting inside retail boxes come release.

SkyyPunk

With all the pics going around of the 360 and a few of what 'may be' the power supply, i went to a local walmart to find out. I asked the rep there, and he confirmed it was huge, I asked to see it and here you go:

xbox360psu7co.th.jpg

xbox360psu29av.th.jpg

My local walmart (Ypsilanti, MI) also had their 360 shut off. They said that when it was on, it interfered with their wireless scanners

munashii

Who gives a damn about the power supply size?

Rudy

its a shame because the xbox 360 is pretty big already and adding this isnt helping...

shakey

ofcourse it will need that powersupply to pull off what it does. better it being big then having another huge system that wont fit anywhere except on the floor.

Evilpig

Heh, Thats wierd... But other systems are bigger cuz the power supply is in the machine right?

Rudy

586710613[/snapback]

lots of people

hotdog666al

586710613[/snapback]

People who don't have much room.

Rigby

Wait until you see the power supply for the next X-Box:

PXGR003.jpg

Deaf Spacker
its a shame because the xbox 360 is pretty big already and adding this isnt helping...

586710584[/snapback]

Pretty big? You people moaned about the original Xbox size and now the 360 is smaller then the Xbox, with all the stuff thats in the 360 it is pretty hard to get it even smaller.

stezo2k

personally i dont care about the size of the PSU myself, it'll sit behind my tv anyway and wont be seen

Rudy
Pretty big? You people moaned about the original Xbox size and now the 360 is smaller then the Xbox, with all the stuff thats in the 360 it is pretty hard to get it even smaller.

586710650[/snapback]

i'll give you that....it's smaller than the xbox.....is it small enough ?? no

Rudy
Wait until you see the power supply for the next X-Box:

PXGR003.jpg

586710672[/snapback]

:rofl:

Deaf Spacker
i'll give you that....it's smaller than the xbox.....is it small enough ?? no

586710665[/snapback]

How small is small enough?

You build a case that can fit everything that a 360 uses, allows ventilation so the unit does not overheat and see if you can get it smaller :p

Rudy
How small is small enough?

You build a case that can fit everything that a 360 uses, allows ventilation so the unit does not overheat and see if you can get it smaller :p

586710704[/snapback]

the xbox was the first one to be so big, look at the consoles before it (nes, snes, psx, ps2, n64 etc)

Deaf Spacker
Mainly I think the whole thing is people need something to complain about. If Microsoft put out the smallest machine ever, lets say the size of a compact cd player, but it had an external power supply the size of a harddrive, people will complain about it. You can never make anyone happy it seems. I'm pretty sure the engineers at Microsoft tried all they could to make the most useful yet smallest power supply they could. This is what they made. Just gotta accept it. I really doubt anyone who is buying an xbox 360 doesn't have space to put a power supply somewhere on the floor behind the tv.

586710712[/snapback]

Exactly, no matter how good a product is people will find a pathetic reason to moan about it.

bakerster
People who don't have much room.

586710628[/snapback]

You dont have room for a 12x3x3 block? are you that tight on space in your house? do you strap yourself to the ceiling to sleep and eat off the walls?

get over your fanboysim and stop complaining.. seriously. it sa power supply. it will go behind your tv.

Rudy
We are talking about the 360 and how you think its too big...

586710733[/snapback]

the xbox360 is still bigger than all of those

wiles

586710613[/snapback]

Mainly I think the whole thing is people need something to complain about. If Microsoft put out the smallest machine ever, lets say the size of a compact cd player, but it had an external power supply the size of a harddrive, people will complain about it. You can never make anyone happy it seems. I'm pretty sure the engineers at Microsoft tried all they could to make the most useful yet smallest power supply they could. This is what they made. Just gotta accept it. I really doubt anyone who is buying an xbox 360 doesn't have space to put a power supply somewhere on the floor behind the tv.