Xbox 360 huge powersupply :confirmed:

LiGhTfast

Omg some of you people will moan about anything, GET A LIFE!

Deaf Spacker
the xbox was the first one to be so big, look at the consoles before it (nes, snes, psx, ps2, n64 etc)

586710718[/snapback]

We are talking about the 360 and how you think its too big...

Deaf Spacker
the xbox360 is still bigger than all of those

586710747[/snapback]

It also has bigger components.

Bhav

:blink: that is not pretty :no:

if the cable isnt a good length surely some people (myself included) will get the problem where the chunky black bit doesnt reach the ground so it pulls on the connector (because the console is on a table and the socket is close to the ground) :unsure:

xxdesmus

who cares? it's a freakin power supply, it's not supposed to be beautiful, it's supposed to be functional. :whistle:

Rigby
do you strap yourself to the ceiling to sleep

I'm intrigued by that idea. :yes:

neufuse

shut it off because it was interfearing with wireless scanners.. psh.. just wait till PS3 comes out and they both opperate on the same bandwidth ranges.. see which one interfears with the other the are both using wifi for controllers on the same range....

linked
You dont have room for a 12x3x3 block? are you that tight on space in your house? do you strap yourself to the ceiling to sleep and eat off the walls?

get over your fanboysim and stop complaining.. seriously. it sa power supply. it will go behind your tv.

586710734[/snapback]

av-36972.gif -- Your avatar.

Sorry to say it, but I just love seeing "Fanboy" cutdowns coming from someone with a X360 avatar.

Valkyre
Wait until you see the power supply for the next X-Box:

PXGR003.jpg

586710672[/snapback]

:rofl:

sin-ergy

WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is all I hear.

linked
My local walmart (Ypsilanti, MI) also had their 360 shut off.  They said that when it was on, it interfered with their wireless scanners

586710574[/snapback]

So.... Why aren't we seeing more discussion about THIS PART?

Not good :no:

mopper
You dont have room for a 12x3x3 block? are you that tight on space in your house? do you strap yourself to the ceiling to sleep and eat off the walls?

get over your fanboysim and stop complaining.. seriously. it sa power supply. it will go behind your tv.

586710734[/snapback]

yea i no. i would pick a big power supply than a huge console. its not like youll be staring at the power supply

Justin-

Many of the old XBox's I heard had their P/S go out and would require the user to ship the entire unit in. It's better to have it outside of the box where it can go bad, than have it inside of the box where it all can go bad.

Crimson Behelit
Maybe the Xbox 480 will have wireless Power :D

586710596[/snapback]

You mean the Xbox420? :fro:

icecaveman

I'm sure they will be smaller in the retail packages. They shouldn't need to be much larger than they use on mac mini or laptops, although the console is WAY more powerful.

Kurt

Damn, who cares about power supply...?? :wacko: Just put it back TV and play! wtf is wrong with people who cares about damn power supply???

autodefe

I really see no reason to complain about this. I mean, it's gonna be sitting behind my TV anyway.

kiall
My local walmart (Ypsilanti, MI) also had their 360 shut off.? They said that when it was on, it interfered with their wireless scanners
So.... Why aren't we seeing more discussion aboutTHIS PART>?

Not good:no::

586710778[/snapback]

i think its like when your have a portable ariel on your telly and the computer interferes with the signal

Edited by kiall
munashii
People who don't have much room.

586710628[/snapback]

That's such ****. Set it behind whatever you put your TV on.

Assuming you don't just have your TV laying around on the floor. In which case, I'd go for some furniture rather than an xbox.

Honestly, people need to quit whining about size already.

ryan420

my cable modem power supplycord is like that lol and it keeps dieing. Im on my third power supply cord.

i hope it isnt the bigger the more they die lol

Brandon Live

Doesn't look bigger than the massive thing that comes with the "PS2 Mini". Looks comparable to the GameCube brick (little longer, but shorted).

So I don't see what the concern is.

If the Xbox had used an external power supply like its competitors, it could have been smaller as well.

When I saw the 360 in person, it looked smaller than I expected. I was quite pleased with the look and size.

firebud

Everyone needs to quite bitching about a power brick that no one will even SEE.

How about this?

3060000000049310.JPG

Andrew Lyle
Everyone needs to quite bitching about a power brick that no one will even SEE.

How about this?

3060000000049310.JPG

586710876[/snapback]

OMG OMG HAHAHHA!!!!! (Y)(Y)(Y) whoever photoshopped that, deserves the emmy. that is so funny lol

oceanmotion
Doesn't look bigger than the massive thing that comes with the "PS2 Mini".  Looks comparable to the GameCube brick (little longer, but shorted).

So I don't see what the concern is.

If the Xbox had used an external power supply like its competitors, it could have been smaller as well.

When I saw the 360 in person, it looked smaller than I expected.  I was quite pleased with the look and size.

586710867[/snapback]

Exactly, other consoles have the same thing though not quite as large. The Revolution with its sleak design will no doubt have an external PSU and the PS3 will probadly have one as well. It really is a stupid thing to complain about.

The Xbox 360 PSU is longer and thinner than than thick, shorter Gamecube PSU.

Once the consoles come out this nit picking will hopefully end and the game that matter will speak for themselves.