Windows go off the screen

Hi,

for some odd reason one of my program windows goes off the screen. (ATI Multimedia Center) I can't get to the titlebar at the top to move it.

I tried closing it and then opening the program again, but it's still off the screen.

Anyone know how I can be able to move it?

ahh ya, this happens when it crashes, and it flys away.

right click on the taskbar, and click MOVE. use the arrow keys to move it back into the window. it should be a very very small window. happens a lot in ME, and XP(not the default theme, the old windows style theme)

i haven't had this happen to me in months and months

What happens when you right-click the taskbar and select "Cascade All Windows"?

586710971[/snapback]

Nothing happens to it at all, but my other windows open move.

It's a common issue when dealing with dual displays, I for one am constantly switching primary and secondary monitors and windows will always get off screen by that. It's a bug in windows, or rather bad design for multi displays.

ahh ya, this happens when it crashes, and it flys away.

right click on the taskbar, and click MOVE.  use the arrow keys to move it back into the window.  it should be a very very small window.  happens a lot in ME, and XP(not the default theme, the old windows style theme)

i haven't had this happen to me in months and months

586710981[/snapback]

Unfortunately, the menu that comes up when I right-click it does not have a move option :(

You could try changing your screen resolution to something higher. If the whole thing is on the screen you may be able to move it to the center then change you resolution back.

If you are using multiple displays. Disable the other display and reopen the program. Somethimes this resets the open location. Of cource it could reset every windows open location, which you may not want.

Is it a skinnable version of media center? Can you change the skin and see if that helps?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I figured it out.

There seems to be a 1 pixel wide area near the window border that makes the cursor turn into the little 4-way arrow pointer, and I can move the window with it.

Thanks for the help, though :)