Get Married 2 A Girl That Different Race

What do you say?  

520 members have voted

1. 1. What do you say?

• No, its gonna be a big problem after that..
    • Yup, its gonna be so lovely...
    • I've thought about it once but what my parents / friends will say?

Race, in my mind, does not exist. Its been constructed by some in our society to exist and so many of us have been led to believe it exists. If you don't believe the sociology textbooks, there is ample amount of scientific evidence (studied by doctors, archeologists, pathologists, etc) that say race does not exist.

It doesn't matter to me. I'll go out with pretty much anybody. Though, I admit, (mostly) attitudes, religon and (less likely) several physical traits that might are identified with some ethnicities are a turn off. If religion gets in the way, I leave. That simple. I could pretty much care less about anything else.

From the dictionary, whom I tend to believe more than your sociology textbook. 

#  A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

# A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

# A genealogical line; a lineage.

# Humans considered as a group.

So if there is no such thing as race, then there is no such thing as racism, it's more colorcism and religioncism.  Nice try though :yes:

586716518[/snapback]

Racism primarily exists because

1 people believe that there are destinct races <which there aren't>

2 each race has unique physical or psychological traits, such as Jewish people supposedly being money grubbing, or that first nations people (natives) in Canada are all stupid and a bunch of drunks (please note these aren't my personal views)

3 There is a hiearchy of races.

there never has been, nor will there ever be true races of humans

So your telling me that someone who has spent the last 12 + years of their life doesn;t know what they are talking about?

# A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

Yupp, they are distinct features, which have been designated by society. someone has to do it

# A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

err... this would be a definition of ethnicity or culture... pretty bad when the dictionary gets the definition wrong

# A genealogical line; a lineage.

vague

# Humans considered as a group.

??? Could this definition be any vaguer(sp?)

Race and ethnicity are different things.... Oh, and thanks for helping me study for my midterm :p

Edited by ghostwind

why does the thread starter say RACE, not race?

I guess everybody know about Adam...

Yea in my opinion... we are all bretheren... should be no boundries on this world...

One womb... one shape... one resolve...

"The war that are happening right, actually consist of sons of Adam" which means... son of Adam are fighting right now... :ninja:

i wouldnt mind me an african american, brown not black... like beyonce.... would be great  :D

586718456[/snapback]

uh.... do I detect a little racism...

"i want me an african american, brown not black"

lol... what the crap man.

You mean personal preference. He just doesn't like people that dark, just like I don't like blondes. I don't think that is racist. Hating those people is racist, not preferring them as a mate is preference.

PS. When my friends and I go to strip clubs, they laugh at me for finding the "foreign" girls (ie. Hispanic or Asian). I tell them I go there for something diffrent, not more of the same.

Hanief, it's good that you're able to communicate in English, and I've learnt "your" language in 2 weeks ;). hahaha. Bahasa Melayu tak?

Well that said, I am all for any type of race. Just to sound like a romantic here, it all depends on who you're attracted to in the end. I am Half Japanese Half Bruneian so "race" as you so call it isn't exactly a concern for me. It's quite difficult to define race anyway, because even if I am half this, half that I am still probably going to be called "Asian".

I have plenty of Eurasian friends, all of whom are HOT!!! Very, very attractive, but you wouldn't be able to know what you call them... Asian? Western? Caucassian?

I don't believe I'd have a problem with marrying a woman outside my race.

My girlfriend who is of my race, may have a huge problem with it though.

Hell I think I'm pretty openminded, I'll date any woman, even lesbians.

586722391[/snapback]

Oddest comment of the day... :no:

personally i am attracted to mixed girls .....dont know why

not any mix in particular but currently i am intersted in a girl that is mixed with indian(east) ,white and black.

i am mixed race myself... so i dont see a problem unless i have to marry a mixed race person part welsh and part jamaican too? ( welsh and jamaican, i'm welshaican :D heeheh ( you have to say that i guess ))

I've dated more white girls than anything else though. there is a higher population of white girls where i lived when i started dating. the girl i was dating was apprehensive of me seeing parents ( shes chinese ). i've found the chinese to keep things within their race more than others i think. the girl has been ok about me seeing her. shes just afraid of what her parents say about me.

I am not attracted to people who aren't white, besides for maybe one or two (for instance, I don't think Halle Barry is attractive)

586722391[/snapback]

No more so tha saying, "I like white women, not not really pale complexions." (which is a preference fo rme as well).

I am married to a Asian/Caucasian and my brother is married toa 100% Chinese descent. So, if we can do it down here in the South, it should be no problem.

i don't care, i never had an "exotic" woman. one of the dreams that might never come true. humans can love anyone, anything. why not another race?

there never has been, nor will there ever be true races of humans

So your telling me that someone who has spent the last 12 + years of their life doesn;t know what they are talking about?

#  A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

Yupp, they are distinct features, which have been designated by society. someone has to do it

586721641[/snapback]

Uggggg, you could get technical about everything. Technically you aren't from Canada like you say you are, there are borders designated by society separating the US from Canada, we are all one just one large land mass. Also, technically there is no such things as different continents as we are just basically large hills separated by water. Technically we aren't even on planet earth because we are only called earth because society says we call it earth and technically.............................. :whistle:

Biologically speaking there is no such thing as race. But were not talking about biology with race. Biologically speaking there is not a difference between a rottweiler dog and a poodle. Is there a difference between the two dogs? Yes.

Uggggg, you could get technical about everything.  Technically you aren't from Canada like you say you are, there are borders designated by society separating the US from Canada, we are all one just one large land mass.  Also, technically there is no such things as different continents as we are just basically large hills separated by water.  Technically we aren't even on planet earth because we are only called earth because society says we call it earth and technically.............................. :whistle:

Biologically speaking there is no such thing as race.  But were not talking about biology with race.  Biologically speaking there is not a difference between a rottweiler dog and a poodle.  Is there a difference between the two dogs?  Yes.

586724363[/snapback]

When you quoted ghostwind, he was referring to everything in a sociological context. Here you're trying to disagree with him based on boundaries being non-existant. Your ignoring politics and political boundaries (real or imagined) separating states, provinces, countries, citires. In your last sentence, you agree that society exists. You can't deny politics don't exist. So point one in invalid.

On your second point, I hope you've never studied biology before. Have you ever seen a poodle and a rottweiler. I can assure you there are differences, 'biologically' between the two. The hormones are different for one, explaining behaviour differences. The metabolic system, the brain are all different and so is the DNA.

As for race, if you want to get in on the 'DNA' aspect... Humans have one main DNA base (except for X & Y differences). There's no appreciable difference between humans on this level to account for race. The anatomy is also virtually the same, given if we live in the same environmental conditions. If the last 200 generations of my ancestors carried water on their heads, you would likely see a thicker bone structure on the top of the head. That's why 'biologically' at least, there is no race. It basically refered to as ethnicity.