Looking to buy 50'' DLP TV

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 50 or 52 inch DLP TV. At this point, I've narrowed it down to 4 options (but I'm still open to suggestions). They are:

Screen Size Brand Model Price

50'' Samsung HL-R5078W $2,874.44

52'' Mitsubishi WD-52627 $3,050.00

52'' Mitsubishi WD-52628 $3,553.77

50'' Sony KDS-R50XBR1 $3,393.55

Besides a 50'' or 52'' screen size, my criteria has been a 1080p resolution and an all around good picture (which is why I settled for DLP). So what do you all think about these 4 TVs? Can you point me to any good reviews?

Any feedback at all is appreciated!

Edit: I spent all that time formatting it all nice for you guys and it erases the spaces... sorry :(

You should check the Sony SXRD (KDSR50XBR1) 50inch LCD.  It's way cooler!  Slim and light!

Real 1080i resolution.

:cool:

586720714[/snapback]

It's LCoS done right, not like that JVC crap. Another very good suggestion.

Besides a 50'' or 52'' screen size, my criteria has been a 1080p resolution and an all around good picture (which is why I settled for DLP).

You should check the Sony SXRD (KDSR50XBR1) 50inch LCD. It's way cooler! Slim and light!

Real 1080i resolution.

:cool:

Yep, that's one on my list up there....

I have to admit, it looked very pretty in the store. The lines were very close together (no "screen door") and the colors were superb.

Rather then starting another topic I will post in here.

I swear Sony gave me a USED TV I got this TV 1 Month ago and use it maybe 3-5 hrs a day and look at my Lamp Hrs... This seem right to anyone? because it dont seem right to me I should have Less Hrs showing up at the most i should have 150Hrs on it.

I had a Service Tech come to my house because the TV was Over Heating and thats how i got this Photo.

post-50582-1130060904.jpg