-= WindowsUpdate =-

im running windowsxp

i can't seem to access the site anymore it gives me this error...

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page. Network problems are preventing connection to the Windows Update servers. Please try again later.

anyone kno how to fix that?...

Originally posted by Mystical112

im running windowsxp

i can't seem to access the site anymore it gives me this error...

anyone kno how to fix that?...

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows Update services, or send us your feedback.

Windows Update Home Page

About Windows Update

Support Information

Send error number to Microsoft (0x800A138F)

Note This sends error information but does not create a support incident; you may or may not receive a response.

Thats wot it does for me on my mums machine EVERY time she goes onto windows update and goes to install updates :(

mko

Your the greatest...

I tried the link .. did not work..

BUT I installed (English Canadian) and...........pop got in to the updates..

Thanks you saved me from all the potential exploits....

I've tried resetting my language and removing windows update but neither have worked for this problem in my case.

I cant get those two .dll files mentioned in the link above to freakin delete. Says it will say something but inserting windows cd but doesnt. It just replaces them back as soon as I delete them.

Any suggestions?:ermm:

----0x800A138F-----------

I just reinstalled xp yesterday and I'm now trying to update and I'm getting this same error....Tried all fixes around so far and nothing has worked

I've reformatted like 5 times and still won't update...It scans for critical updates and drivers and gives me 0%...it dosen't even scan for the windows recommecded downloads, that just remains grey....hmmmm, can't seem to figure this on out....